The Words

It was a happy day in the guild, everyone was talking, smiling, laughing. Just overall being happy at the recent win at the Grand Magic Games. All except four mages.

Lucy, Juvia, Erza, and Levy. They sat quietly in the corner of the guild, making no attempt at conversing with anyone else at the guild. Seeing as no one wanted to talk to them anyways.

During the Grand Magic Games they had all been embarrassed, Lucy lost to Flare and Minerva, Juvia to Lyon, Erza to Kagura, and Levy, well Levy hadn't even participated, calling her the weakest female mage in the guild.

But they didn't even talk to each other, they stared wistfully at four boys in the guild, the four boys who had stolen their hearts. Natsu, Gray, Gajeel, and Jellal. They smiled when they saw them laugh, and giggled whenever they did something silly or embarrassing.

But they didn't like them back. And they made sure they knew.

Gray glanced over at Juvia, he rolled his eyes when he saw her staring at him, again. He smirked as he thought of an idea, he nudged the guys next to him and whispered in their ears the plan he had come up with. Their eyes lit up in mischief when they heard the plan, glancing over at the four love sick mages evilly.

Lucy got a bad feeling in her stomach when she saw the look on their faces, "Guys maybe we should go home now.." she stood up trying to get the girls out of the guild hall. But it was too late.

"Hey Juvia!" Gray called out to her, he smiled at her making Juvia's heart flutter.

"Hello Erza." Jellal smiled kindly at the red haired mage, she felt her face go the same color as her hair.

"Hiya Luce!" Natsu smiled his toothy grin, it almost made Lucy smile back but she still had a bad feeling.

"Gihi Shrimp." Gajeel teased her, Levy blushed at the nickname.

"We have a surprise for you four." Gray said, his eyes were full of mischief.

"Juvia thinks that is very nice Gray, what is it?" She asked, oblivious to the fact that each one of them had a hand behind their backs.

"Yeah.. what is it?" Lucy asked cautiously, she nudged Erza and Levy who noticed their hands behind their backs. They slowly got up and tried to back away but the guys grabbed them.

"Wait, you haven't gotten your surprise yet." Gajeel spat at them. In a flash his hand was in front of him, he turned Levy around and she felt a cold object come in contact with her skin, a cold, very pointy, object. Levy screamed in pain.

"Levy!" Lucy cried, she tried to help her but Natsu grabbed her hand, he pulled it to him and she watched as a knife tore at her skin where her guild mark was.

"Why you—" Erza began, Jellal quickly stopped her by plunging his own knife into her arm where her guild mark shown.

"G-Gray.. what are you doing?" Juvia asked as she watched her friends get engraved with knives. She screamed in pain as Gray did the same, she watched her leg bleed when the skin tore.

The guild looked over to where the screams were coming from, but instead of helping the four mages who were being attacked.. they cheered for the mages who were hurting them.

Wendy pushed her way to the front of the crowd and gasped in horror when she saw what was happening, "Gray, Gajeel, Jellal, Natsu!" She screamed at them, "what are you doing? Those are your friends!"

"They 'were' our friends, but we can't be friends with trash like them." Natsu told her, "they aren't strong enough to be called our friends, they're helpless." He told her, the same word he had carved into Lucy's guild mark.

"Weak." Gajeel added as he finished writing that same word into Levy's back.

"Worthless." Gray smirked as he finished writing his own word.

"Pathetic." Jellal said as he laughed at the pained expression on Ezra's face.

"They're the weakest bunch in Fairy Tail." They said in sync and burst out laughing at the shocked and pained faces of their victims.

Wendy stared in horror as the mages around her laughed with them, she ran out of the crowd and towards the bar where Cana, Elfman, Lisanna, Mira Jane, Evergreen, Bixlow, Freed, and Laxus all sat, watching the commotion in the corner.

"Wendy? What's going on over there?" Mira asked her, Wendy looked at her, there were tears in the corners of Wendy's eyes and she couldn't talk.

The exceeds raced over to do the talking for her.

"It's Natsu!" Happy yelled in distress, "Gray, Gajeel, and Jellal too!"

"They're attacking them!" Charle panted, she had a look of horror on her face resembling Wendy's.

"Hurting who?" Cane stood up and the rest at the bar did the same.

"Lucy, Juvia, Erza.. and Levy." Pantherlily told them, he sounded the most sad and hurt when he said Levy's name.

The people at the bar exchanged furious looks with each other before making their way over to the crowd, except for Mira who ran to tell Master.

"The hell do you think you're doing!?" Cana yelled as she pushed Natsu away from Lucy, "you can't just do this!"

"You're monsters!" Lisanna screamed at the four as she pushed Gray away from Juvia, standing in front of her to protect her.

"There's a special place in hell for people like you." Evergreen spat as she protected Erza from Jellal.

"So you mean you don't like it when we do this?" Gajeel smirked and attempted to dig his knife into Levy's back more, only to be stopped by a giant hand grabbing him and throwing him to the ground.

"Master!" Levy cried, "thank you.. thank you.." she sobbed and tensed up in pain from her back.

"My poor children..." He said and looked sadly upon Juvia, Lucy, Erza, and Levy, "let's get you cleaned up, Wendy please join us." He asked her and Levy nodded, she followed them upstairs and into Makarov's office.

"So unmanly." Elfman shook his head at the four mages.

"They're supposed to be your family." Laxus spat at them.

"You're worse than Zeref." Mira said icily, her and those who had stood up for the four female mages left and went back to the bar, waiting to see if their friends were okay.

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
Ooh a new story! And an exciting one too!.. I hope.

Stay tuned for the next part to find out what happens to the four female and male mages!