Elite Squad

"What brings you here.. mages?" Zeref said, the Sabers stared in shock at the emperor before then all kneeled down before him, hoping showing respect would earn them some brownie points.

No one wanted to be the first to talk, so Lucy elbowed Levy to talk for them, "Emperor, my friends and I come to offer you our services to you and the entire Alvarez Empire." Levy told him, Zeref arched an eyebrow, intrigued at the small group. "We hope you will allow us to get stronger under your guidance and the guidance of your elite bodyguards." Levy had never talked so formally in front of someone, that Sting couldn't help but snicker. Levy elbowed him in the ribs to make him stop.

Zeref laughed, even his laugh was smooth, "And what do you hope to gain with power?" He asked curiously, the Sabers looked from one another before Juvia spoke up.

"We hope to gain revenge on those who have wronged us, the members of Fairy Tail." She growled lowly, "They have no shame nor guilt in their actions. They have hurt us a number of times, and we wish to one day get even with the entire guild." Zeref frowned down at the Sabers, and they entirely thought that he was going to refuse and then kill them.

Instead Zeref's frown turned to a smile, "It is Fairy Tail you wish to destroy, hm?" There was a cold glint in Zeref's eyes at the guild's name, "Alright then, I will allow you to work under me. If you can prove your power I may make you a elite squad of your own. In due time that is." He smirked, he began to walk away before Lucy called him back.

"What if we can prove it now?" Lucy asked, "And become elite now?" A smile played on Zeref's face.

"Why, to become elite now would be quite easy. You would have to defeat one of my Spriggan 12." He cooed, "If you win, you're elite. If you fail, you die." The Sabers thought this over for a moment before they nodded in agreement to his terms, "Very well then, since there are thirteen of you I will make it fair and have you fight two of my Spriggan 12." The Sabers almost laughed, they only had to fight two people, with the Elementals on their side this would be way to easy. But they didn't want Zeref to know that. Zeref legit clapped his hands and two mages appeared beside him, one with green hair and purple cross things sticking out of her hair, the other with brown hair and only pants.

"Ajeel and Brandish will be your competitors, may the best mages win," he smirked, "I plan on them winning." Zeref stepped aside, he planned on them fighting right now! As soon as he got out of the way a bubble went over the mages, an arena. Without warning Ajeel covered the entire arena in sand, causing the Sabers to cough and close their eyes.

"Lucy!" Erza yelled, but Lucy was already on it.

"Anemoi's terrible tornado!" Lucy yelled, a gust of wind shot from her palms and sucked in all the sand around them. The Sabers opened their eyes, but everything was huge! Ajeel and Brandish were gigantic, Brandish lifted her foot and went to step on the tiny Sabers.

Her shoe however, never hit the ground. As a creature from the Earth appeared from the ground around her, and slapped Brandish into Ajeel. The Sabers sighed in relief, the monster quickly crumbled though, seeing as Levy was so tiny it took huge amounts of power to make a normal sized earth creature. Brandish lost control of her power and the Sabers returned to normal. The Elementals plus Sabers used this moment to their advantage.

"Hephaestus's blazing flame!" Erza yelled, flames shot from her hands and hit Brandish and Ajeel, scorching their hair and clothing, and their bodies as well.

"Chaos's eternal night!" Yukino yelled, the arena went dark, leaving Ajeel and Brandish unable to see. Yukino made it so the Sabers could see however, another advantage.

"Poseidon's water gun!" Juvia said, water shot from her fingers hitting their opponents in the face.

"This is so unfair! We can't even see!" Ajeel complained, Zeref just laughed.

"White dragon's roar!" Sting yelled, his roar knocked Brandish off of her feet and into the arena bubble.

"Shadow dragon's roar!" Rogue added, his roar hit Ajeel, knocking him into Brandish, causing them both to groan in pain.

"Memory make: electric water slicer!" Rufus yelled, his electrified water roared towards the two, electrocuting them on impact. It affected Ajeel as well since water makes sand hard, and his entire body is made of sand.

"Ice make: dragon!" Lyon yelled, a dragon raged towards the two, it crashed into the barrier above them and rained down sharp pierces of ice on them.

"120mm black lightning cannon!" Lightning shot from Orga's palms and into Ajeel and Brandish.

"Territory!" Minerva moved the opponents in front of them. Since the exceeds hadn't attacked yet they both punched one of the opponents in the face. Knocking them out.

Zeref applauded from the sidelines as the barrier disappeared, "Congratulations, you have actually beaten two of my Spriggan 12." He smiled, "well a deal is a deal, I'll make you an elite squad of your own. We can't call you the Spriggan 13, so I suppose I'll let you decide what you want to be called, but please make it simple."

The Sabers thought for a moment before Yukino spoke up, "what about just calling us the 'Elite 13', simple." She suggested, the Sabers had no problem with that so they agreed.

"Alright then, from today onwards you all will be known as one of the Emperor's elite squads," he smiled, "Welcome to Alvarez, Elite 13."

The Sabers smiled, they were an official squad working under the Emperor himself. They're now officially one step closer to their goal.

One step closer to destroying Fairy Tail.

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
They're an elite squad now! Yay! That means they most likely won't get in trouble for the things they do!

Make sure to check out my new story! A Naruto fanfic, it's called 'Back To The Past'!

Anyways, stay tuned to find out what happens next on Elements Of Sabertooth!