Night Wanderers

"Crocus is so big..!" Rikona said in amazement as she took in the sights around her, "and I thought Magnolia was a big town.." she said in a dreamy voice as she waved at the strangers passing them on the sidewalk. Lucy and Gray laughed at the awestruck look on their daughter's face, reminding them of the very first time they had gone to Crocus as well.. the memory made Lucy have to stifle back her emotions, which she was very good at seeing as no one seemed to notice she was sad at the memory.

Rikona spun her head around when she heard her nickname being called, "Ricky!" Hajime waved from across the street, he had the other GMG competitors with him who were all waving to her as well, "come over here! We're gonna explore Crocus some! If that's alright with your parents, that is." He scratched the back of his neck nervously, Rikona looked excitedly towards her parents who nodded their heads in an answer. She quickly ran across the street to join her friends in their sightseeing around Crocus.

"This is so exciting! Isn't it? We're actually competing in the Grand Magic Games!" Akako said happily as the others nodded in agreement, except for Ryuji who awkwardly hung towards the back of the group, he was chatting with Michi who had tagged along, even if she wasn't a competitor for the Grand Magic Games.

"It really is exciting." Genki answered as he started walking backwards, seeing as he was in the very front of the group, "The GMG are such a big dea-." Genki was cut off by him accidentally running into a stranger, who coincidentally was also walking backwards as he talked to the group who followed him.

The stranger quickly turned around as his group expanded around him, easily taking up the entire sidewalk, "It's okay guys, I'm the one who ran into him." When the stranger spoke they realized it was a girl Genki had run into, she extended her hand to help him up, "sorry about that, I wasn't paying attention." She apologized to Genki, who was so flustered that he barely made an audible sentence. His friend group sighed when they saw this act, he did this plenty of times when he met a cute girl.

The stranger looked at him strangely before looking towards his group of friends, "Hi, I'm Shiori." She waved at them as they all did a slight wave back, she had a hood covering most of her head but they could make out that she had blue eyes that shone as she smiled at them, "and these are my friends, that's Au, Taro, Kawa, Ezume, Yuki, Hoshi, Amaterasu, Takiyo, and Mamoru." She said their names so fast and pointed to each one so quickly that the Fairies had no time to put a name to a face, especially since they all wore hoods that covered most of their face.

"Are you guys competing in the GMG?" Genki asked, finally able to make out a sentence without stumbling over his words, the entire group nodded in sync, which freaked out some of the Fairies, "That's so cool, so are we! What's your guild's name?" He asked them, the group looked at each other nervously, debating wether or not telling the Fairies their guild name would be a good idea or not.

"We're part of Night Wanderers." One of the boys said flatly, was it Mamoru? "The previous dark guild that just got it's official guild status two months ago." He explained to them, but he didn't have to, everyone knew about the Night Wanderers guild, they either hated you or loved you.. hopefully they didn't hate the Fairies, but they seemed nice for being part of a previous dark guild.. at least Shiori did, who was happily putting up with the stumbling mess also known as Genki.

Some of the Fairies took obvious steps back, except for Genki, Raidon, Rikona, Akako, and Hajime. The Wanderers looked somewhat hurt by their movement but didn't say anything about it.. "we should get going." Shiori said, noticing the sudden shift in the atmosphere, "I hope to see you guys at the GMG.." she waved as the Night Wanderers turned on their heels and disappeared into the crowd, leaving a stunned group of Fairies behind them.

"What the hell guys?!" Genki turned around angrily once they were gone, "those guys seemed nice! Why'd you have to do that?" He asked them as the ones who stepped back looked down guiltily.

"Sorry, Genki." Misumi apologized as the others mumbled apologizes as well, "but the Night Wanderers were a dark guild only two months ago.! What if they haven't changed?" She asked him, Genki hasn't thought of that.. but the way Shiori apologized for bumping into him.. and the way she spoke so calm and nicely.. he just couldn't believe for one second that she was as bad as their guild sounded.

"It's fine.." Genki mumbled as he looked up at the dark sky, the Fairies had arrived later then most guilds due to their train breaking down several times and them having to wait for a new train to come pick them up, "Hey.. what time is it?" He asked as he noticed the streets were becoming more empty and lights were being turned off.

Raidon looked at one of the nearby clocks as his face paled, "it's 11:52" he said as he started running down the sidewalk, his group following close behind, "our inn is twenty minutes across town! And we have to be there in eight!" He yelled behind him as he picked up speed, the rest following suit.

Fudo looked behind them and noticed instead of Ryuji following them it was Michi, "Michi?! Where's Ryuji?!" He asked as he kept running.

"He said he didn't want to compete in the GMG! He asked me to take his place!" Michi yelled back as she ran faster, Fudo nodded in understanding, he didn't have time to talk anymore, no one did as they raced across town to their inn.

Hoping they'd make it on time.

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
They've arrived in Crocus! But will they even make it to their inn? Can they trust the members of Night Wanderers? Or are they as bad as everyone else says?

Stay tuned to find out what happens next on Elements Of Sabertooth!