Parasites

"Levy?!" Lucy yelled in shock at the girl standing before her, Levy's aura was so different from what it had been when they were Elementals together.. her aura used to be bright and full of life, now it was dark, with different levels of hatred flashing around. Lucy looked at the seven other people who stood around her, and putting two and two together, quickly figured out who they all were, "Juvia.. Sting.. Lyon.. Yukino.. Rogue.. Pantherlily.. Hibiki.?" She said their names like they were foreign words, especially when she got to Hibiki.

"If it isn't little miss traitor." Levy spat at Lucy as she walked towards her, Lucy could practically see the rage emitting from Levy like a fog, "Fancy seeing you here, well I guess this is the place you chose over your best friends." She shrugged like she wasn't still hurt over the fact Lucy and Erza left them for Fairy Tail, but she was. Lucy swore she saw a tear roll down Levy's cheek, but it was quickly gone, as if it had never even fallen.

Juvia and Yukino stood on opposite sides of Levy, "let's play a game, how many traitors can you count in one room!" Juvia hissed, she pointed at all of the previous members of the Elite 13 who had joined with Fairy Tail, "there's one, two, three, four, five, and six! Six backstabbing 'friends' who had the audacity to turn against Lord Zeref." She clapped her hands, she flicked her hands towards the ground, all of the mages fell to the ground in pain.

"What happened to you all?" Erza asked as she tried to stand, only to fall back down, "you're all.. horrifying!" She blurted out, the dark mages simply smiled as if being called 'horrifying' were a compliment to them.

Yukino pulled Erza up by her hair, "You happened to us, Erza. Don't you remember?" She asked innocently as she slammed Erza's face into the floor, "you all betrayed us, and now you think we're scum worse then Fairy Tail? No one is worse then Fairy Tail." She spat as she practically threw Erza all the way across the room, mages tried to help her, but all of them were still under Juvia's spell.

"This isn't you!" Minerva cried as she struggled to get up, she forced herself to her feet and glared at her previous friends, "the Elementals I know would never do these things to a comrade! Never hurt someone the same way they hurt you!" She pointed at Gajeel, Gray, Natsu, and Jellal who were struggling against the magic themselves, for a split second the dark mages faces turned to realization, but it quickly went away.

"Being that one over here." Hibiki pointed at Gray, Juvia snapped her fingers and Gray lumbered right in front of Hibiki, "who do you think you are? You don't even know Lucy like I do! And you have the audacity to kiss her!" Hibiki screamed as he punched Gray over and over again like he was a dummy, Lucy watched in horror as Gray crumbled to the ground, unmoving, sitting in his own pool of blood.

Lucy closed her eyes tightly, maybe this was all a bad dream.. and she'd wake up any second to see everything back to normal..

"Say bye-bye, Fairy Tail!" The dark mages said together, Lucy closed her eyes, embracing for impact with the dark magic, but when none came she carefully opened one eye.. she was in a white void.. Erza was there, but so were Juvia, Levy, and Yukino. All of them looked around, confused and on edge, who had brought them to this landscape? Lucy looked down to see a faint sliver of black seep into the floor, the same happened to Erza as well, but when it came to the other three they were doubled over in pain as a large pool of black seeped in the floor, looking like spilt ink.

"What's happening to them?!" Erza said in shock as she ran over to the three, Lucy ran over as well as the black suddenly stopped flowing, and there stood Yukino, Levy, and Juvia, but not in their darkness forms, now they looked like they had when they became Elementals.

"Now that you're all here, and normal. I think I can explain what's going on." A voice echoed in the blank landscape, all of their heads turned to first master Mavis.. standing in front of all their Elemental mentors.. Lucy and Erza happily ran over to their mentors, hugging them tightly. They looked back to see Levy, Juvia, and Yukino looking around confused, and in a daze.

"Where are we?" Yukino asked as she held her head in pain, "weren't we just at Fairy Tail? Why's everything so foggy?!" She yelled as a piercing pain went through her head, she doubled over on the ground, Levy and Juvia quickly following.

Mavis quickly ran over and waved her hand across their heads, the pain subsided, but wasn't entirely gone. Mavis sighed as she turned to Erza and Lucy, "That was Zeref's doing.. he's trying to regain control over these three. It's hard to keep him out." She mumbled as Erza and Lucy looked at her confused, why would Zeref need to regain control of them in the first place? Weren't they loyal to him? He practically already had them under his control!

"It's normal to not understand what's happening right now.. but basically.. everything that's happened is Zeref's fault." Mavis shrugged, that made sense, since when are things not Zeref's fault? "The time you spent with him he put a sort of.. parasite, in your  minds.. the longer you spent with him the longer the parasite was able to take over your minds." Mavis frowned as the three doubled over in pain again, this time not even bothering to help them.

"How do we help them?!" Lucy yelled as she tried to help them to stand, but helping them only seemed to make the pain worse. Mavis looked at them sadly, dreading the answer she had to give, but Yukino, Juvia, and Levy gave it first.. their eyes widened in realization as they opened their mouths, fighting the pain away.

"You have to kill us."

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
They're back to normal! Or are they? Will Erza and Lucy be able to kill their friends? Is there another way to save them? What's happening at Fairy Tail right now?

Stay tuned to find out what happens next on Elements Of Sabertooth!