Family

Wendy wrapped a bandage around Yukino's gashed leg, the others had already been treated to so they sat down on cots and whispered. It was strange for them to be talking so quiet, Wendy tried to listen in but they were whispering in a language Wendy couldn't understand. She finished wrapping the bandage around Yukino's leg and turned to face the others.

"So.. let me get this straight. Lucy and Erza went insane.." Wendy said, the squad nodded, "they kidnapped you, forced you guys to fight them.." the squad nodded some more, "and everyone else who didn't escape like you guys.. they killed?" She asked, the squad all looked down at the ground, they all wore the same pained expression, one that can only be worn after a heavy loss, or if you happen to be good at acting. Wendy sighed and looked away, tears formed in her eyes, Lucy and Erza had once been so nice and warm.. now they were bloodthirsty and power hungry. Wendy tried to hide her sniffles but did not do a very good job, the squad looked at her in pity, she had once been their guild member.. but now they were lying to her and about to attack her guild and her friends.

"Wë śhöüłd tëłł hër." Yukino spoke in the strange language, "śhë döëśń't dëśërvë tö dïë." The others agreed with Yukino, but if they were to tell her it would be a betrayal to the Empire, who knows what their punishment would be for disobeying Zeref. Besides if Wendy were to tell the others of their plans.. they had no choice but to simply not tell Wendy.

"Wë ćäńńöt." Juvia said sadly, she looked over to see a confused Wendy staring at them as they spoke, "Oh Wendy! You're still here?" She asked, speaking normally.

"That language you're speaking.. it isn't normal.." Wendy pointed out, indeed the language was anything but normal. Zeref had taught them the language while they trained to be his elite squad, a way of communicating without anyone else knowing what they're saying or what they're talking about.

"We taught it to ourselves while Lucy and Erza kidnapped us.. so they wouldn't overhear our plans of escaping." Levy lied, Wendy made a silent 'oh' with her mouth, it made sense, or as much sense as making up a new language could make. But something about their story, and overall calmness about the situation, seemed strange to Wendy. Wendy opened her mouth to speak before there was a pounding on the door, and a wave of mages flooded into the small room.

"We're really happy you guys are back.." Mira smiled at them, "And we're happy you guys are going to help us fight against Lucy and Erza, right?" She asked, the other Fairies talked at the same time so their words were one big mumble. The squad looked at each other guiltily, this group of mages hadn't done anything wrong to them.. and in a few days they would have to betray their trust. Yukino, Juvia, and Levy made eye contact and seemed to make a decision right then.

"Rogue and Sting, block the doors." Levy commanded them, they nodded and jumped up, leaving the Fairies confused as to how they were moving so fast with their injuries.. Sting and Rogue moves towards the doors, blocking off anyone who would try to escape.

"Lyon, freeze them in place." Juvia said, he nodded as he touched the ground beneath him and the area where the Fairies stood froze, leaving their feet stuck to the ground.

"Yukino—." Levy started to say.

"I'm already on it." She nodded, there was a portal in front of her that she made larger and larger, she put the portal in front of the Fairies. A man stood in front of them, causing a gasp from the group.

"Emperor Zeref, we are sorry we've gone against orders.. but we cannot hurt the mages in this room." Levy told him, he looked at her and the squad to the small group of Fairies who were desperately trying to free themselves from the ice.

"Understood, land giantess. The others share the same feeling, so if you see fit then I will happily accept them into the Empire." Zeref spoke, "it's either that or death at this point." He added, the squad nodded and looked at the Fairies.

"I'm confused.. how do you all know Zeref..?" Lisanna asked, she had stopped trying to escape the ice.

Freed thought for a moment before his eyes went wide in realization, "You guys didn't become a dark guild... you became the Elite 13!" He exclaimed, the squad nodded as the Fairies stood in horror.. the Elite 13 had been responsible for countless deaths and injuries in that last few years..

"We're sorry we didn't tell you.. but now you have to make a choice." Yukino said, she crossed her arms and looked at the Fairies one at a time, "will you go to the Empire, where you'll be safe and guaranteed a happy life.." she started.

"Or stay here, and die like all the others." Sting finished for her, the Fairies all looked at each other.. they had never really been accepted back as Fairy Tail members.. and their real family wanted them back..

"I'm going." Laxus spoke up, "Gramps may be my biological family.. but you guys are more family then anyone else here has ever been." He said in his gruff voice, immediately the Thunder Legion agreed to joining as well.

"I'm going too!" Mira piped up, which made her siblings Elfman and Lisanna agree to going as well. Cana, Wendy, and Charle agreed to go as well.

"Alright, but we cannot join you quite yet.. not until our mission is over." Pantherlily said, "this is goodbye for now." He said sadly, the Fairies looked confused, how exactly were they supposed to get to the Empire? Their question was quickly answered when they disappeared into the ground, water, and the ice as well.

"You all still have your mission." Zeref said seriously, "Lumen Histoire must be taken."

"And Ishgar will be destroyed."

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
Yay! The nice ones are safe! But what will happen when Fairy Tail notices that they're all gone? Who will they blame?

Check out my new Fairy Tail story! It's called Dragon Spirit!

Stay tuned to find out what happens next on Elements Of Sabertooth!