To Kill a Prince

Hot. Everything was hot. No. Not just hot. Burning. Her face was burning. Her stomach felt like it had caved in on itself, her legs felt numb. Leona fluttered open her eyes, the blinding light of sun crept in from the windows. Leona whimpered in pain. When her vision focused, only slightly, that's when she saw her. The familiar face of Ira. The late captain of the White Squid, was standing before her. Ira kneeled down and placed her hand on the burning face of the washed up pirate. Her hands was soft and warm. The ghostly eyes of the dead captain flickered with hope.

"It's not your time my child." Ira placed a gentle kiss upon Leona's forehead and vanished in a wisp of white smoke. This caused Leona a quite bit of distress, She thrashed around in the bed she laid on and called out for Ira.

"Now, i have no clue on who this "Ira" is, but if they're here to take your soul to Helm." Leona flinched at the sound of the God of Death's name. "I promised the prince i would aid you."

"N-no." Leona sat up quickly, causing her head to pound viciously. "She was- she was just here." When she sat up, the blanket covering her body fell, revealing that someone had striped her from her clothing and left bandages wrapped around her chest. Upon seeing this, she covered herself again with the blanket. An old lady wobbled herself over to Leona and sat down in a chair beside her. In her hand was a wet cloth, the old lady placed it on her head gently and laid her back down. "Where am i? And where are my clothes?" She asked.

The old lady got up and shuffled over to a pot that was hovering over a burning heap of firewood. She grabbed a large wooden spoon and began to stir what was in side. "I washed your clothing. And the prince delivered you here because you were in need of medical attention. You have not been here long, i just needed to mix up an antidote." From the old lady's pocket, she took a small vile with an off-colored liquid inside.

"The prince...?" Now the memories flooding back.

"Yes, the one you kidnapped." Leona flinched in the sudden, yet calm anger in the old lady's voice. "And don't think i didn't notice the necklace around your neck." She huffed out. Confused, Leona reached for her neck, feeling the pendent. Leona opened her mouth to explain but the old lady shushed her. Leona watched as she poured the liquid from the vile into the pot. She stirred for a moment when put poured out the contents of the pot into a bowl."I have been entrusted to heal you, by my apprentice, by my Rin." She choked on her words. "Even though you have caused his pain, it is his wish... his... orders... " She sighed. The old lady hobbled over to Leoma and presented her with the bowl "Eat." She caught her words and shoved the bowl of what appeared to be soup in Leona's face. Shakily, Leona took the bowl and the spoon and started to eat. "I have calmed most of the other symptoms of the poison, the antidote in the soup should fix you up in no time, you were talking nonsense earlier. Rambing how the prince had killed your captain." Leona nodded.

"No, that was true. He was supposed to heal her. He killed her instead." Leona said, whipping her mouth.

"What?"

"The prince, he didn't heal my cap'n, got me kicked of ma ship, got me wounded, got me poisened." The pirate stated quietly. The old medic looked at her, confusion glazed her dull eyes. "He isn't a medic, he is a fake. A murderer!" Leona spat. "I do not need ya healing." Leona placed the bowl on soup on the floor and stood up. She wore nothing but the bandages around her chest and thin shorts. "I am leaving." She tore the necklace from her neck and threw it on the floor. "Yer prince? Does not care for pirate." There was sadness in the pirate's voice.

"You silly, silly girl." The old lady laughed. "Why do you think you are here, girl?He brought you here. He could have left you to die but he didnt. You know why?" She asked. "He fancies you! You fool!" She hissed.