Gal's Gala

' In a world... Where the Baudelaire and Quagmire fires never happened and they all go to the same school... Let's see what happens when Violet wants to ask the attractive, intelligent boy in her class to the Gal's  Gala... where the girls ask the boys for a change.'

*Violet's POV*
Mr. Johnson's class had just let out and I was heading to Mrs. Rachel's class for language arts, where I sat next to my best friend, Isadora's, older brother. Well, Duncan was only older than her by ten minutes, since they were triplets. Duncan and I had nearly every class together and always worked together since he was a friend as well... Although, I wish he was more. I had known the Quagmires for a while now and Isadora was my best friend in the whole world. Quigley, the middle triplet, was a ladies man and we tried to keep his mitts off of our female friends. Duncan was the eldest and he looked a lot like Quigley, except he put thought into his appearance, had an amazing personality, and was my little brother Klaus' best friend.

"Hey Violet!" Duncan greeted me as he set a small stack of papers, a binder, a notebook, and a book. I loved his warm smile and green eyes with gold speckled throughout. I wanted to ask him to be my... date... To the Gal's Gala, but there were three things that made me hesitant to ask.

1. Izzie might get mad at me for asking her brother on what is essentially a date.
2. Klaus might get mad at me for asking his best friend on what is essentially a date.
3. Duncan might say no.

I was quite enamored with the eldest Quagmire triplet, but I was nervous that he might not return my affections... Either way, I was also quite worried that Klaus and Isadora wouldn't like us being together. Klaus had a crush on Isadora that he only told me about; I promised him I wouldn't say a thing to anyone and went in my room and squealed my head off that my brother had a crush on my best friend. If Isadora did like Klaus, she never told me and is a pretty good damn actress.

"Ms. Baudelaire?" Mrs. Rachel called to get my attention, pulling me out of my deep thoughts, "Can you tell me the central theme of this week's reading?" I was glad this was the question, since my mother read me Anna Karenina and I could give the central theme off the top of my head. "The central theme of Anna Karenina is that a rural life of moral simplicity, despite its monotony, is the preferable personal narrative to a daring life of impulsive passion, which only leads to tragedy." I smiled as the teacher moved on.

*Duncan's POV*
Violet smiled as the teacher moved on with the lesson plan. The Gal's Gala was coming up and my brother already had several dates with various girls. I didn't care about the various girls, though. I really wanted Violet to ask me. She was smart, funny, talented (I had heard her sing when hanging out with Klaus and we often communicated in French, since we were the only two out of our siblings that spoke it) and she was especially gorgeous. Her bright blue eyes were something that I wouldn't mind getting lost in as my fingers ran through her dark brown hair. I quickly averted my gaze as I realized I was staring at her. Thank God Violet didn't notice, or I would've crawled under a bridge for the rest of my life out of sheer embarrassment. I hope she doesn't just think of me as her little brother's goofy best friend, but as someone she might want to take to the dance. I honestly couldn't believe I was getting an A in this class with such a distracting beauty sitting inches away. Violet and I finished our work with a few minutes to spare, so I made the choice to start passing notes.

"Gee, Quigley is adding another girl to the list of girls who asked him to the dance..." I wrote after looking at my brother flirting with yet another girl. I wish I could talk to Violet with that same confidence.

"I know right? He will probably have twenty girls with pitchforks after they find out that they weren't the only one there with him. He even tried flirting with me the other day and it was just plain stupid." She wrote back. I decided to investigate like the journalist I am and see if she was going to ask anyone.