If Only...

You guys seemed to like What If? a lot so here's If Only... There's like 2 and a half different storylines going on here so bear with the constant POV change! Let's do it!!!
~

*Quigley's POV*

I took another bite of a peach from the can and closed my cartography book. It was very quiet in the house since Jacques was out trying to rescue my siblings from Olaf and bring them and the Baudelaires here to live with the two of us. I heard the door begin to open and I sprung up to greet Jacques, my siblings and the Baudelaires, as I had expected that's who he'd be bringing here. Instead I heard an unfamiliar woman's voice.

"Jacques, we better make this quick. Olaf is getting farther away with Duncan and Is -"
" Shhh! He might hear you! I have to tell him. "
"He? Mr. Snicket, I'm confused. What are you not telling me?"

I peered into the room and saw him standing next to a pretty lady. Her brown hair was up in a ponytail and her brown eyes stared at my guardian curiously. There were a couple books peeking out of her bag, including what I recognized to be An Incomplete History of Secret Organizations. ' Must be a new recruit... ' I thought. He sighed. "Quigley, get in here." He said loudly.

I slowly stepped into the room, earning a gasp from the lady. She looked at me as if she was debating whether or not she was going crazy or if I was actually there. "Quigley Quagmire?"
" That's my name. Don't wear it out. "

She chuckled at that. "I've been taking care of Duncan and Isadora; I was the librarian at the school they've gone to. I'm Olivia Caliban."
"A pleasure. Where are they though?"

Jacques frowned. "Buddy..." He began.

If any adult starts their news by calling you 'Buddy', it is NOT good news...

"Olaf took them again. Neither the VFD not the Baudelaires could save them." The two of them saw how my face fell.
" But!... " Olivia started, putting a comforting hand on my shoulder, "We have a lead on where the Baudelaires are going, and that means we know where Olaf is going."
I looked at the two adults and they were looking at me with matching sincere, caring smiles. The last couple I saw rock those smiles were my parents... Aww they're cute together...

I smiled, wiping a stray tear. "Where are we going?"

~*~

*Violet's POV*

"This bus ride is taking an interminably long time! My toes are sore from people stepping on them!"
" And I like seeing the scenery, but not dead bugs... "
"Nonbeni!" Sunny added, meaning something along the lines of 'I don't get any benefits that you guys get!'

"It would have been more polite of Mr. Poe to escort us there," Klaus said, probably in an attempt to change the subject.
"I agree," I added, " Or drive us perhaps. " My siblings nodded in agreement.

"VFD! This is the stop for the town of VFD!" The bus driver called.

My siblings and I gathered our things and went to the front of the bus. "It's a long walk, don't you think?" Klaus wondered aloud.
"It's closer than the last stop they agreed to." The bus driver butted in.

We thanked them and went on our way. It was a relatively cloudy and windless day, so we wouldn't have to deal with as much toil during the walk. Sunny sat on my wheely luggage that I pulled along.

"I hope at least a few of the people in the village will help us find Duncan and Isadora," I said, "At this point we're the closest ones to finding them any time, so really I'm beginning not to trust in the police force's capabilities, unfortunately."
" I agree. I hope they know we won't stop looking for them until they're safe with us. " Klaus said solemnly.
"Tenow, " Sunny assured him.