Yours Truly And Forever Part 2

*The song kinda reminds me of this. You don't have to listen to it btw*
*Klaus' POV*
"What are you two doing?!" Duncan yelled at Isadora and me, "We need to go after her!" I could tell by the look in Violet's eyes a few moments ago that she thought this was something she needed to do. Sunny and I have never been without our sister and I felt the weight of the world on my shoulders. Was this my fault? If I did something differently in its past, could I have prevented this horrible outcome? I felt my grip on Duncan's shoulder weaken as I blamed myself for Violet being taken away. Duncan budged away from my grasp and instead of running in the direction they left, he fell to his knees and started crying. He too thought this was his fault.

"How could you two be so stupid?" He choked out.
" Calm down, Duncan. " I said carefully, a few tears in my eyes, "She is my sister and I feel just as bad about it as you do."
"Please, Duncan. She would want you to be strong." Isadora began in a very soothing tone, "We need you to take a deep breath."
Duncan took a deep breath.
"Good. Now wipe away your tears."
He begrudgingly wiped one cheek.
"Okay. Now, if you could, apologize for calling us stupid because that really hurt my feelings."
"S-sorry..."
" You feeling better, Duncan? "
Duncan nodded. Isadora gave him a hug. "There's my brother..."

How the fuck did she do that? She reached over and enveloped me into a hug. "It'll be okay, Klaus. We're going to get Violet back." She said sweetly. I hugged her back before she could let go. Isadora seemed to understand. Her embrace felt warm and I never wanted to let go.

"Children! Quagmires! Baudelaires!" We heard Miss Caliban shout as the door to the other room swung against the bookshelf knocked over in front of it.
"Mom!" Isadora shouted, breaking away from my hold. The three is rushed to the shelf and pushed it upright.

"Oh my goodness thank God you children are-... Violet..."

We nodded. Duncan looked like he could barely contain his feelings at the mere mention of my sister's name. I felt about the same way. Isadora, although being probably the best friend Violet had ever had, stayed cool, calm, and collected. Sunny was little and couldn't possibly understand what had happened.

"Well, my boyfriend has ties to Olaf. I suppose I'll tell you everything while he drives over here in his taxi."

And she did tell us everything. Isadora gave me a spare commonplace notebook to take notes on VFD in.

" Hey, Kiddos. " a man said.
"Jacques! Did you bring-"
"No. He wanted to finish his canned peaches and you know about the no food in the taxi rule..."

"I have it under good authority that Violet is being taken to Heimlich Hospital." Jacques continued. "Dastardly things go on in hospitals, you know."
"We need to go. Now. " Duncan and I said at the same time. We looked at eachother. Duncan had been misty eyed this whole time. He truly loves my sister. They belong together.

*Duncan's POV*
I know what it's like to lose a sibling. Klaus and Sunny didn't deserve that. I didn't want Violet back just because I love her, but also because other people love her too, just not in the way I do.

I don't know what I'd do without her...

"Jacques, please! Now!" I persisted.
"It's okay. It's okay. Somebody grab Sunny and like into my taxi."

I picked Sunny up off the small chair and she looked at me with a curious expression. "Brolaw?"

"Sunny asked why you're so worried about Violet." Klaus translated.
"Erm... You'll understand when you're older, Sun..." I said, red flooding my face. Olivia smirked slightly as I tried to hide my blush. We speedwalked to the taxi, me holding Sunny's head so the sharp movements didn't affect her in any way. Isadora say in between Klaus and me. I kept Sunny on my lap and thought about her sister.

Violet, my love, we will find you. Violet, my life, I will save you.

Isadora fell asleep on the way there. It was far out in the hinterlands and Klaus and I would've fallen asleep if we weren't so anxious...

"Do you think... He'll hurt her?" Klaus asked his thoughts.
"Violet wouldn't let him," I comforted, " She's strong. She's independent and resourceful. She'll find a loophole in the deal. I just know it. "

*Violet's POV*

I sat in the passenger's seat of Olaf's car, staring out the window, lots of tears obscuring my vision of the vast landscape of the hinterlands. My sad thoughts were interrupted when I felt a hand on my knee. It wasn't a hand, but a hook. I looked up at the hook handed man and his expression was neutral, not even looking at me. There was a folded slip of paper in between his hooks and I carefully took it. His hook was immediately removed and put back in his lap. I looked at the paper in uncertainty and slowly, quietly unfolded the note. It was typed up.

Violet,
My name is Fernald. I promise you can trust me. You don't have to believe me, but I'm going to help you escape. I've been separated from my sister and I have put up with Olaf for far too long. I don't want you and your siblings to face my same fate. You're a good person, Violet. I apologize for what you, Klaus and Sunny have managed to overcome.

I was skeptical. I had the right to be skeptical. This could be a trick set up by Olaf. However, it was too well worded to be dastardly or wicked. I nodded, which Fernald seemed to see out of the corner of his eye.

~*~

"Hey, Boss, I'm going to find a good hiding spot for the girl... So she can be ready for her surgery." Fernald said to Olaf. He grabbed my arm with his hooks in a way that looked aggressive and painful, but was actually gentle. I faked a pained expression as I was dragged away. "Okay, Violet, we're going to go. There's volunteers here making sure Olaf is brought to justice."

He stopped and turned to me. "Do you trust me, Violet Baudelaire?"

I surveyed his expression before I answered.

"Yes."

************
1076 words