It's Nice to Meet You.

*Klaus' POV*
"Violet, are you ready to go or not?" I asked from the bottom of the stairwell. Our parents were taking us to Briney Beach along with Sunny since they wanted us to meet some of their friends from "back in the day" ... I knew that this meant that we were going to be stuck there for a while, since they would be doing nothing but catching up. It was a perfect day for the beach, but a lot of people were out of town, so we would have the beach more or less to ourselves. I wore a dark blue polo - since it was hot out - and some cargo shorts. My siblings and I never liked swimming, but Violet would wear a swimsuit anyway if it was hot enough outside. She trotted down the stairs wearing a deep purple one-piece and a matching silk scarf tied around her waist. "Finally! Father has been waiting outside forever!" I said as she grabbed a black sunhat.

"Hold your horses, Klaus," she retorted. Violet wasn't just my older sister, but also my best friend, and as all friends do, we messed with eachother a lot. I crossed my arms, "Why? Are you trying to look nice for someone?" I asked cheekily.

"Yes... Me."

I left the matter alone as she made sure she had her ribbon with her. Violet was an inventor and she often used this ribbon to the up her hair whilst cooking up some new machine. We decided to take a rickety trolley down to Briney Beach, and Mother and Father didn't seem to enjoy it much. I pointed this out to Violet, who suggested that maybe they don't like this rickety trolley. We arrived at a patch of beach near an ice cream parlor several minutes later and I wondered aloud if they sold root beer floats. "Yes, and they're magnificent!" Mother answered. I pulled out my book on tides and began reading on the blanket next to my infant sister, Sunny, who was chewing on a rock with her four incredibly sharp teeth. Violet was off in her own little world of gears and pulleys. I heard Mother squeal with delight as I assumed her friends had arrived.

"Um hi." A delicate voice said. I looked up to see three children who were nearly identical. The three appeared to be older than me, but younger than Violet, so I assumed they were thirteen. The one that had spoken was the only girl, with chocolate brown hair that rested over her shoulders. Freckles decorated her pale face, containing a warm smile and beautiful green eyes. She was very pretty. The two boys were nearly identical, other than one had freckles and unkept hair, and the other had simple pale skin and neat hair. They both had the same green eyes as their sister, but these eyes were less pretty on them. "Hello," I replied, getting up from my seat, "I'm Klaus Baudelaire and these are my sisters Violet and Sunny."

" I'm Duncan Quagmire and these are my triplet siblings, Quigley and Isadora, " the boy with neat hair introduced himself and his siblings. I shook their hands, blushing slightly when I shook Isadora's hand. Isadora. Isadora Quagmire. Such a beautiful name for such a beautiful girl. Violet greeted them, blushing a little as she shook Duncan's hand. "It's nice to meet you." We said to them simultaneously.

"I don't mean to be straightforward, but you are very hot," Quigley said to my sister. I didn't like this, and apparently neither did his siblings or Violet.

"I'm sorry, but I'm not interested."
" You haven't even heard the product... Quigley Quagmire, world renowned handsome guy, at your service. "
"Again, I'm not interested, to put it bluntly."

He shrugged and walked away. "You'll have to forgive our brother," Duncan said to Violet, "He suffers from a mental disability called arrogance." Violet laughed at his joke. Now, I just met these two, but I much prefer this guy to his brother... Duncan seemed pretty down to earth, something I could get behind. We chatted a bit and got to know eachother. Isadora aspired to be a poet, and Duncan wanted to become a journalist. They were both quite charming and I could tell that the four of us would be fast friends. "I'm an inventor." Violet said proudly, demonstrating her prototype of a machine that could get sand out of your shoes. It worked perfectly and impressed Duncan and Isadora quickly, especially Duncan. "It's still in progress..." Violet said modestly.