The Beatrice Letters Part 5

*Bea's POV*

Uncle Klaus smiled. "You ready to go?"
I looked at my reflection on my mirror. "Is the hat too much? I still want to have a professional vibe."

" Oh get over here, you knucklehead! Kids your age barely even know how to spell 'professional'. Now come on, we're going to be late to bring early. "

I took grabbed my bag and took Uncle Klaus' hand in mine. We walked by Mom, who quickly hugged the two of us. "Thank you so much for taking her, Klaus. I wish I was able to go but my schedule was conflicting..."
"No problem, Violet. I'll tell Lemony you said hello."

I grinned at Mom. "How do I look?"
"Like a miniature explorer or something! It's fantastic. You fed Millie?"
I nodded. "Have I ever forgotten to feed her?"

Mom chuckled. "Have a good time, dear."

~*~

In the car, Uncle Klaus attempted breaking the silence the butterflies in my tummy were causing.
"Did you know your mother was almost named 'Lemony'? That was the name they decided on is she would have been a boy. 'He' would have been Lemony Klaus Baudelaire. And that's where I got MY name from!"
"Are you sure? It's not like I didn't read about it in this!" I said sarcastically, pulling out the ancient book entitled "An Incomplete History".
Klaus rolled his eyes playfully. "You brought that old thing?? C'mon, B!"
" I wanted to start the conversation off with you guys! That seems to be our shared language!" I replied with a giggle.

~*~

I had already drank half my root beer float before I saw Aunt Moxie and Uncle Lemony come through the door. 
"Moxie!!!" I beamed, hugging her tightly.
" Hey, sweetheart, how have you been? " She asked.
"Great! Come sit down and meet my Uncle Klaus!"

I saw Klaus was actually standing a little bit behind me.
"Klaus Baudelaire. Nice to meet you, Mrs. Mallahan."
" Oh please! We're family apparently, It's Moxie! "

Lemony smiled at my adoptive uncle. "You probably don't remember me, huh?" He laughed.
"It's a fuzzy memory, I'll admit, but I remember!" Klaus smiled widely. "This is Beatrice."

Lemony smiled down at me. I grinned.

"We almost met, but he ran from me." I teased.
" Lemony has a few paranoia issues, " Moxie explained, "But I didn't know they were that bad; running from a ten year old, come on!" She teased, elbowing him a little.

Uncle Lemony and I smiled at eachother. "You look so much like your mother..." He said softly.

" Here; how about we sit down at the booth? " Moxie offered, "Honey, I'll go order you a float." After that she made sure to mumble that she'll watch for thumbtacks being put into them.

Uncle Lemony and I sat closer to the window on different sides of the booth and Uncle Klaus sat next to me. After a bit of small talk, Aunt Moxie came back with a root beer float and a juice. It was very red; cranberry, I assumed.

I pulled the thick book from my bag onto the table. "Do you want to hear a story about our family?" I asked.
Uncle Lemony smiled. "I would like that very much."
"As you know: Violet, Klaus, and Sunny Baudelaire were intelligent children..."
"And they were charming and resourceful with- (Here the two of us spoke at the same time) -Pleasant facial features!" The two of us laughed a little. I noticed out of the corner of my eye Uncle Klaus was enjoying the little ego boost that gave him. Moxie was grinning ear to ear about how well we were getting along.

Uncle Lemony continued. "They lived with their parents in a mansion in the heart of a busy city..."
"You know this story." I smiled.
"Eh... Parts." He said modestly.

I flipped to a page I had bookmarked. "Do you know the part about the pirates?"
"Ooh! Pirates??"
"Oh god..."
" Pirates? "

I grinned, knowing I had their attention. I loved having the floor when telling a good story! "Female Finnish Pirates!" I said confidently. "It was after we sailed away from the island but before the Baudelaires' third trip to Briney Beach. Violet had just tied up her hair to invent a steering mechanism, Klaus was studying tidal charts, and Sunny was about to cook a delicious meal when suddenly she said, 'Shiver me timbers!'"

We spent a good portion of meeting telling stories. I told Uncle Lemony a lot about myself. He was especially proud when I told him I wanted to be a baticeer. It was one of the best days of my life...

Especially with what happened towards the end...

"Excuse me while I take this..." Uncle Klaus had told us. He was getting a call from what I saw was an unsaved number. We watched him smile brightly from the conversation on the phone, but eventually turned our attention to a conversation. Klaus came back after a few minutes. "I just got a call from my ex girlfriend."
"Oh, I'm sorry to hear that-" Movie began, but was cut off by Lemony.
"No this is a good thing," He grinned.

Klaus nodded, wearing a smile that told me I was getting a new aunt!!! I later found out that "ex girlfriend" was this Isadora I've been hearing about for so long!!!

***************
888 words (Hey would you look at that!)

The End!!!! (Pun intended lol) I'm so happy with this multipart lol.