chapter one

AS AN ANCIENT, POWERFUL DEMON, ALL VERA KNEW was lust. Any human was weak to it, losing their minds just to have a taste and commit to the sins of the flesh. Not even Demons were immune to lust; they crave sexual relations with some humans that they never really keep. Vera's favorite thing was to use it as a weapon against the individuals she wanted to twist and manipulate like a damned puppet. With her otherworldly beauty and her Demonic abilities, it was impossible to resist her.  One look from her was enough to have them hooked. The only problem was it was hard to get rid of the people she seduced; the addiction that they have for Vera was almost comparable to the oxygen that they need to breathe. Sometimes, she had to use her own powers just to make sure they never bother again.

But sometimes, even that wasn't enough.

It was so easy to make humans do her own bidding even without the use of her abilities. She didn't even have to move a finger. 

Vera stared at her reflection in the body mirror as she swiped a generous amount of bright red lipstick across her plump lips. Her Tom Ford black dress was a bit crumpled and her blonde curls were disheveled, but even that was not enough to make her look like a mess. To the naked woman in the bed watching her get ready to leave, Vera was still the most beautiful woman she had ever laid eyes on.

"Leaving so soon?" Vera heard the woman from the bed, capturing her attention. She turned around slightly, twisting the cap of her liquid lipstick cautiously. The blonde raised an eyebrow at her latest toy, the other woman scanning her now fully clothed body from head to toe.

Staring at the pale woman with raven hair, Vera realized that she had forgotten the other woman's name. It was a good fuck and that's all it was going to be for the blonde. She didn't even bother to remember the woman's name because it wouldn't matter in the next days. They would both move on, and Vera would find another individual to lead to her bed. It's not like she was the type of woman who stayed for anyone.

And a mere woman or man wouldn't change that.

"I have work to do," Vera replied monotonously, not feeling like she had to explain herself. The raven haired woman looked amused at her reply, flushed lips curling up into a smirk.

"At three in the morning?"

"Listen," The blonde sounded annoyed as she searched for her Manolo Blahnik black heeled pumps that were lost in the mess of discarded clothes on the floor, "I don't have to explain myself to you. We fucked and that's it. You're not my girlfriend or anything."