chapter thirteen

RECOVERING FROM THE HIGH of their orgasms, Vera laid her head against the sofa, her eyes staring at the ceiling as she tried to catch her breath. Azazel was looking at her, subtly admiring her beauty and the after-sex glow she always seemed to have. The action only confirmed the blonde's theory about the Demon. But she hoped it wasn't real. Vera never had feelings for Azazel. He was a good fuck and distraction, but that was all what she had for him. Yes, the Demon always got her back when other Demons were disrespecting her and calling her names for being the Devil's favorite. But the blonde knew about Azazel's viciousness and temper. He might seem nice and loyal to her, but there was still that side of him that she never wanted to see again.

"I heard what you did to Astra," He began, his eyes trailing over the outline of her bare chest, "You sent her to the deepest part of Hell."

Vera chuckled a bit at the memory of the screaming lower Demon, "She disrespected me. I won't tolerate any disrespect from lowly creatures like her."

"You really love showing them how powerful you are, don't you?"

The blonde shrugged, her brown eyes still fixed on the plain ceiling of her penthouse, "I like being in control. And if I let one of them disrespect me, I'm sure the others won't be scared to do the same as well."

"Fair point," Azazel looked away, the heat of his gaze finally leaving Vera. A few minutes passed, silence filling the atmosphere before it was shattered by the sound of the doorbell echoing against the wide space of the blonde's current residence.

"Michael!" Vera yelled into the corridor, knowing that the Anti-Christ was probably still sulking in his room, "Pizza's here!"

"Wait," Azazel's blue eyes widened a bit as he sat up in his couch, "The Anti-Christ is here."

"Yeah," The blonde raised an eyebrow as she glanced at the Demon, "What's wrong with that?"

"He's like the son of our boss, Vera. I think that means that he's our boss as well."

Vera narrowed her eyes at Azazel, "Nah, that's not how it works," She turned towards the hallway again, "Michael!"

Standing up from her lying position, the blonde groaned at the realization that Michael wasn't coming out of his room. She grabbed a robe and wore it around her naked body as she made her way to the door. Quickly opening it, she rolled her eyes internally at the love-strucked pizza boy in the doorway. Vera grabbed the pizza, handed him the fifty dollar bill, and told him that he could keep the change before slamming the door in his face without another word. With another groan, she dumped the box of pizza on the high counter. By the time she reached the couch, Azazel was already slipping on his clothes.