chapter eight

VERA DIDN'T FEEL GOOD ABOUT KINEROS ROBOTICS. She eyed the modern-looking infrastructure for a few minutes, her eyebrow raised as she gripped the steering wheel tightly. Michael glanced at her from the corner of his eyes as he fixed his dark clothes. It was like he was waiting for her next move. Groaning, the blonde decided that they should just get it over with so they could do some other things for the rest of the day.

Stepping out of the vehicle, Vera slipped on her black cat-eye sunglasses as she inspected the building for the second time. The Anti-Christ followed after her and she heard the car door slam shut behind her.

"Are you ready?" The blonde asked her companion, craning her neck a bit to give him a side glance. Michael only nodded his head in response, a determined look on his face as he started to walk towards the entrance of the building. Vera shrugged as she followed behind him, her heels clicking against the floors.

Kineros Robotics looked modern, with empty white and beige walls yet it looked so empty on the inside, with barely any employees and furniture positioned on the long hallways. A woman with dark orange hair and purple clothes sat in the front desk, typing something on her flat-screen desktop.

"How can I help you?" She asked flatly, eyeing both of them as they approached. Vera could feel the sadistic nature of the redhead in front of her and how she loved being in charge – of being in control. The blonde was reminded of herself as she smiled at the woman, showing off her cleavage through her plunging neckline.

"We're here to see your boss, Jeff and Mutt?"

The redhead only raised an eyebrow at her, "Do you have an appointment?"

"No," Vera licked her lips as she snapped her fingers, putting the other woman in a trance, "But you will let us in, right?"

Looking straight into the blonde's brown eyes, the redhead nodded her head, telling Vera the specific floor and room before she continued typing on her computer. Vera chuckled in satisfaction as she dragged her boss' son to the elevator.

"Come on, let's go."

"How did you do that?" Michael finally talked to her as soon as the double doors of the elevators closed. The blonde turned to the Anti-Christ with a wide grin.

"A magician does not reveal his tricks," He frowned at her response, "Don't worry, I'll teach you."

Vera smelled the strong scent of cocaine and sex as soon as they exited the lift and stepped into the floor that the redhead told her about. She grimaced in disgust as she watched Michael open the door, a glass wall separating them from two men with weird hair and what looked like a hooker sitting on a desk.