chapter two

VERA BLACKWOOD ONLY HATED TWO THINGS IN HER IMMORTAL LIFE – humans and someone trying to boss her around (The hatred for humanity was pretty obvious). She didn't like it when someone tried to tell her what to do. Not even her boss, the Devil, would treat her like he was any less of a creature than him. It was the only reason why she put up with doing Satan's dirty deeds and being his bitch. The Devil gave her the space that she wanted and he only called on her whenever her presence was really needed. Other than that, she spent most of her time closing deals, fucking men and women, and manipulating unsuspecting humans. She didn't like being told what to do, more or less being controlled. Vera loved to be the one in control. She enjoyed predictability and hated it when things turn out different than what she had anticipated.

Peeling the tight dress off of her, Vera stepped into the shower, the warm water clearing her mind as soon as she stepped underneath it. She didn't want to think about the Devil's son, nor did she want to meet him tomorrow night. After potluck Wednesday, which she didn't attend, there will be another special celebration for the mighty "Savior" tomorrow night. She was already dreading the event more than anything in her life. The blonde would rather close another deal than be anywhere near that cheap party. Vera couldn't explain where the hatred was coming from, but it was there nonetheless. The warm water only added to the heat of her boiling blood.

It was already dawn when Vera stepped out of the bathroom, the sunlight seeping through the glass doors of her balcony. Her bare feet padded against the cool mahogany floors as she made her way towards her walk-in closet to pick out an outfit for the day. During her visits to the any of the Churches, the blonde preferred to wear less luxurious clothes and accessory items. It took the unnecessary attention out of her a bit. Her beauty was still otherworldly and ethereal and it's not hard to notice it as it stood out among the mundanes that surrounded her. The blonde thrived off of the admiration and wonder that she got from the believers, but she needed to stay low profile sometimes because it was getting hard to explain her youth to curious people.