chapter fifteen

A CALL FROM JEFF AND MUTT RUINED Vera and Michael's moment. It turned out that Ms. Mead 2.0 was finally done and was ready to be turned on. The Anti-Christ's blue eyes were still dark with lust, but his mother-like figure was more important than the bulge in his pants, she guessed, as she watched him get ready to leave. Vera didn't want to seem desperate to be fucked by him so she watched him go, hardly getting up from her seat in the dining table as she pretended to eat breakfast. She called the driver to take the blond to Kineros Robotics, telling him that she forgot that she had a lot of business to attend to for the day. Vera wasn't really lying. There were rich clients that she needed to make some potions for or some other favor that were paid in thousands of dollars. Her bank account might be loaded at the moment, but it won't be that full forever. She needed to earn money once in a while to maintain her materialistic lifestyle.

Vera slipped off her favorite robe, eager to get a shower to clean her body. She stayed in the shower for fifteen minutes, scrubbing her skin and scalp with her trusted shampoo and soap products. When she was done, she made her way to her closet and picked up an outfit for the day, a long Versace midnight blue dress and a pair of Jimmy Choos black pumps. After fixing her appearance, the blonde decided that she would continue her business to a more remote place, a bungalow she owned on the outskirts of town. It would be too risky to allow people to see her in the penthouse since a lot of her neighbors would probably gossip about it. Vera couldn't risk putting too much attention on herself. The people already thought that she's some type of billionaire's mistress because she's still young and already a multi-millionaire. If only they knew.

The small bungalow house was a good thirty minute drive away from her penthouse. Vera's lips curled up into a genuine smile as she exited her car, realizing how much she missed being in a quiet and secluded place away from the bright lights and noises of the city. The cool and fresh air blew her slightly damp blonde hair as she locked her vehicle and made her way towards the house. Sierra, her caretaker, greeted her with a respectful nod of the head as soon as she neared the front door.

"Ms. Blackwood,"

"Sierra," The Demoness smiled at the woman that reminded her so much of someone in her human life. She handed the woman an envelope of cash as a form of bonus from her for doing a good job in maintaining the cozy bungalow. Sierra quickly pocketed the money and headed towards her car, giving Vera the privacy she needed for her sideline. However, the blonde didn't bother to watch her caretaker drive away. Instead, she slipped into the house, locking the door behind her. The bungalow had walls that were painted a dark shade of maroon, and ceiling and floors were as black as the night. It wasn't too big, but it had two bedrooms, a slightly spacious bath room, a living room, a kitchen and a small dining room. There was a Jacuzzi in the back, which was rarely used since the blonde rarely stayed in this house, reserving it for her side business.