chapter ten

VERA SQUEEZED MICHAEL'S throbbing erection, earning a groan from him as he leaned against the wall and squeezed his eyes close. But then she quickly picked up his items and unlocked the door, leaving him high and dry. The blond had no choice but to follow him out of the changing room with a noticeable bulge in his pants. Vera grinned devilishly when she noticed him glaring at her while he desperately covered his erect length with a clothing piece. Heading over to the cashier booth, she placed all the items in front of the lady who was busy checking her boss' son out. Fortunately, Gavin Alcott was nowhere in sight. Vera thanked the heavens for that, even though she was literally a Demon.

The cashier lady rang their items out one by one and as the blonde was about to give her credit card, the said lady held out her hand.

"It's been paid, Ms. Blackwood."

Vera looked at her in confusion, "By who?"

"By me." Gavin Alcott appeared out of the numerous clothing racks, a teasing smirk plastered on his lips. His black hair was styled perfectly with gel, and his dark brown eyes glinted with mischief.  Vera rolled her eyes internally as she watched him give Michael a dirty look.

"You don't need to do that, Gavin," She told him firmly, her tone neutral as she zipped her small black purse, "I can pay."

Gavin took a few steps closer to her, "I'm surprised that you remember my name."

Vera narrowed her eyes into slits, "What do you want?"

"Dinner with you, of course," He leaned his elbow on the cashier counter, "To catch up on things. You did leave me without a word, didn't you?"

The blonde felt the Anti-Christ grip her hand from behind, "You know this man?"

"Baby," Vera lifted her head up to face Michael, feigning affection, "It's fine. He's an old friend."

Gavin's smirk fell upon overhearing their conversation. Vera swore she saw his fingers ball into a fist in anger as he glared at the two of them.

"So, this is the new guy you replaced me with?" He pointed a finger at the blonde, his brown eyes averting towards Michael, "I'm not just an old friend, boy. We used date before she left me without an explanation. Trust me; she'll do the same to you."

Vera stood her ground, "I made it clear to you, Gavin, that I only wanted your body, and nothing else. We fucked but there's no emotional connection whatsoever."