chapter nine

AFTER THE ANNOYING MEETING with Jeff and Mutt, Vera and Michael were finally free to head to the store. As promised, the blonde would buy her new charge some new clothes that she thought would suit him and his whole "Anti-Christ" persona. To be honest, she just needed a reason to get away from Kineros Robotics as soon as possible. Vera couldn't stand the two coke-heads, especially Jeff. He looked at her like she was a piece of meat and he was a starved lion. If she had to endure more minutes with their company, maybe she would have to show them her Demonic side just to scare them off.

Michael was also noticeable tensed, his jaw clenched and his blue eyes more piercing than ever. He thought Vera wouldn't notice it, but she definitely did. He acted possessively towards her like he was threatened of the overbearing presence of Jeff and Mutt. Honestly, the blonde couldn't figure out if her boss' son was jealous or just being difficult.

The air conditioner of her car barely did anything against the mid-day California heat, but they both didn't seem to mind. In fact, they enjoyed the heat, rather than the cold. The presence of the Anti-Christ only seemed to worsen the high temperature, the rays of the sun tormenting them as soon as they got out of the parked car. To be honest, Vera didn't expect the outdoor mall to be that packed with people since it's the weekdays. But it was. A smirk appeared on her lips as she noticed how much people were staring at them. Tugging at Michael's hand, she slipped on her sunglasses as they made their way across the parking lot to the mall itself.

Vera loved designer clothing pieces and items, but she hated shopping. Most of the time, she had someone do it for her. Honestly, she didn't know why she offered to take her new companion to buy his new clothes. It's not like she had do him another favor. Driving him to Kineros Robotics was favor enough.

As she led Michael into one of her favorite luxury store, the blonde didn't miss how the sales personnel eyed her companion with keen interest. She snickered to herself, knowing how the blond hated humans, especially the needy type. The memory of the incinerated hooker was still fresh on her mind as she pulled Michael towards the male items, where he would likely found what he wanted to wear. Vera didn't like to admit that much, but her boss' son had good fashion taste.

"Why are they staring?" The question came from Michael as he narrowed his eyes at the staff of the store. Vera let out a breath as she began going through the items in the rack.

"I told you already – it's because I'm hot," She rolled her eyes without turning to face the blond, pausing at her actions briefly, "Duh,"