chapter eleven

VERA COUNTED THE MINUTES BEFORE CORDELIA GOODE arrived outside her penthouse door. She didn't really liked to admit it, but she was anticipating her meeting with the witch. It's been a while since they had last seen each other. However, the blonde had an angling about the reason why Cordelia chose to visit her after all these years. And truth be told, she knew that she couldn't give the Supreme what she was asking for. But it's fun to toy with Cordelia for a bit. After all, Vera enjoyed crossing enemy lines and helping her supposed enemies.

Taking a sip from her glass of champagne, she stood up from the couch once she heard the familiar sound of her doorbell ringing. Vera opened the door swiftly with one of her signature smirks plastered on her bare lips, Cordelia standing on the other side of the door with a distraught look on her face.

"Thank you for accepting me on such short notice," The blonde witch smiled briefly before she engulfed the Demoness in a quick embrace. Vera pulled away abruptly, foreign to human affection that she hadn't had in quite a long time.

"Of course, Miss Supreme," She opened the door wider, "Come in."

Cordelia took in the spaciousness of her penthouse as soon as she stepped in. The Supreme's heeled boots clicked against the floor, echoing against the silence of the area. Vera quietly admired the witch's fierce beauty and the way she dressed – all long dresses that didn't show much skin. But that didn't make Cordelia any less hot – in fact, she was Vera's type.

"Please have a seat," The Demoness gestured her guest towards the long coaches and sofas, "Would you like a drink?" Seeing the look of apprehension on the witch's face, she added, "This isn't poisoned, don't worry. Of course, I wouldn't kill poison my customer. That's bad for business."

Cordelia sighed, looking a bit relieved at her statement, "I'd like one, thank you."

Vera obliged, pouring her best champagne on an empty and clean glass. She handed it to the Supreme, "Here you go," Twisting the cap of the bottle, she focused her attention on the witch, "What do you came here for, Cordelia?"

Tilting her head back a bit, Cordelia took a long sip from her glass, "It's about the Anti-Christ and the End of the World."

Vera nodded her head, "I heard what you did to him. You killed his Miss Mead. Bad move, Miss Supreme. You pissed him off."

The witch turned towards her with slightly wide eyes, "But you could help us right, sister? Like how you helped us with the hunters and Fiona."