chapter seven

CAUTION: THIS CHAPTER HAS MATURE SCENES AHEAD. READ AT YOUR OWN DISCRETION

AFTER WATCHING FIVE MOVIES and drinking ten glasses of wine, morning finally arrived. Vera rubbed her eyes as she stretched, her legs spreading out into the soft cushion of her couch. Her muscles and bones felt sore from being in one position for a long period of time. But thanks to her unique DNA and enhanced regenerative abilities, the aching of her muscles quickly disappeared as soon as she felt it. Thinking about it now, she knew she should've just spent the rest of her night in a club somewhere. But then, another part of her protested that she was a mess last night. In fact, she had cried a bit for a few minutes, reminiscing about her past. Vera hated crying and reminiscing. But the rare amount of times that it had happened, the blonde knew that the two always came together. There was no exception. Contrary to popular belief, Vera wasn't emotionless. Heck, sometimes she had more emotions than a human ever could. And honestly, she hated it. The blonde believed that she shouldn't feel. It would make her job easier. But for some reason, Vera couldn't let go of her humanity. Because if she did, she would have to let go of the things that made her human and that taught her how to love once.

"Vera?" Michael's voice snapped the blonde out of her unstable thoughts. Craning her neck for a bit, she spotted Michael standing at the end of the hallway, dressed only in his black boxers and his golden curly hair messy. Vera wouldn't admit it to herself, but he looked really cute, if she hadn't notice the bulge in his boxers first. It was a sight that she couldn't ignore. It was like his clothed cock was enticing her and sending her into a frenzy, but she tried her best to ignore it as she placed her wine glass down.

"What is it?" Vera raised an eyebrow as she made her way to her new housemate, her bare feet barely making a sound against the cold floors of her penthouse. Michael's blue eyes trailed down to her exposed cleavage, courtesy of her new brown robe that barely covered her body. "Eyes up here, Mister." The blonde nearly face-palmed herself upon remembering that he was half-human and needed food, "Oh, breakfast! Of course! Let me make a call."

The blonde walked over to her purse, unzipped it and grabbed her phone. As the slim, metallic object rang in her hand, she looked at the Langdon boy standing awkwardly in the hallway, staring at her.

"So, what do you want to eat?" Vera asked as the person on the other side finally answered the call.

"French toast," Michael replied firmly, his blue eyes sweeping her body for a second before he looked away and scratched at his neck. The blonde rolled her eyes at her boss' son as she turned around, leaning on the high table as she talked to the personal chef that she hired sometimes if she needed food.