08

Someone tossed a pillow on sleeping Fergus but the boy ignored it with ease as he kept snoring quietly

Someone tossed a pillow on sleeping Fergus but the boy ignored it with ease as he kept snoring quietly. The sound of door slamming and feets paddling by didn't even manage to wake the usually alert boy.

His hair that was trimmed by the sides was a mess, he was still wearing clothes from yesterday and before he had collapsed on his bed, he hadn't even bothered to crawl under the covers.

He shot up, feeling the cold sweep into his smelly clothes as he gasped for air as the cold sunk into his bones. He was met with the voice of Ms Finlay. "Shame on ye, Fergus. Cry, grieve and live on. Ye can not be running away all the time, ye hear me lad? Get dressed and get to school. You better be ready to swipe the stairs when ye get back. I will not tolerate rebellion in this house. Ye have ten minutes." The busty woman said disapprovingly, throwing a pile of worn out clothes to the groaning teen whose legs were too long for the small bed he was forced to sleep in. He pulled a face at the woman as the door closed, making him fall back on the bed that was now covered with cold water.

"What does she know about grief." the angsty teen mumbled as he rolled himself on the floor, right onto someones cheap toys. He groaned and hit the floor out of anger, pushing the car toys under his bed. Damn kids. He swiped the long, wet hair from his eyes as he slowly pushed himself up, grabbing the clean clothes.

He stopped in front of the mirror, staring at his awkward reflection. He could see now why people walked around him. His skin was pale and his cheeks were hollow. There seemed to be permanent dark circles under his unnaturally green eyes and his hair looked almost like it was styled by Severus Snape. The teen scoffed at his reflection as he grabbed the worn out school bag and stomped down the stairs, glaring at the smaller children who happened to get on his way.

School wasn't any better either. First of all, he got scolded by nearly every teacher for skipping school, even McGarthi was keeping a close eye on him, trying to catch him in any moment if necessary. The worst part was, that people did not chat about something those Avengers had done again, they did not talk how New York was safe or how Spider-Man was surely an avenger. Oh no, they kept talking about Ref and more then once Fergus heard his own name being muttered in between the sentences. Of course Ref hadn't attended the school, but he was Leahs brother after all, and every hot topic was worth talking about.

Fergus felt hollow and angry. He found it hard to keep his calm when he heard another whisper of Ref.

Those imbeciles knew nothing.

At lunch, Fergus punched a kid in the nose because he had been talking too loudly about the incident and the the new villain named Axis. How ridiculous name, he had thought.

People stared, whispered and kept their distance.

He managed to skip the last class, not even the janitor man near the gates managed to make Fergus stop as he jogged down the streets, ignoring the raven, or more likely two ravens, following close behind.

He did not feel like hanging around the park he and Ref had performed card tricks, he did not feel like going to some cafe shop to waste his last money on coffee he wasn't even going to drink.

Deep in thoughts and swimming in memories he made his way to the only place he knew. The place he was safe from weather and got fed from time to time.

What he wasn't expecting when he stepped into the orphanage, was to see all kids acting nice.

Well, scratch that, they were still horrible, whining creatures to Fergus, but he immediately noticed the way boys had combed their hair and searched for clothes that didn't have grass staines or holes in them. Girls wore braids and nice dresses.

It could only mean one thing, a family has stopped by to pay a visit. The teen looked at the clean house blankly, wondering how so much could change withing eight days.

He kicked his shoes aside and took long strides up the stairs. He wanted nothing to do with the family wishing to adopt a young kid, someone they can shape to their own needs and likes.

He was nearly an adult anyways, someone who could be either taken in for money or work.

And really, he wasnt in the mood to be given away to some psychopaths. He didn't even glance at the other kids as they passed him by, whispering and giggling like a punch of fools.

Fergus kicked his bedroom door open, glad it wasn't occupied by his roommates. Before he could sink into the old mattress and start drowning in his grief again, the door was kicked open, one of the older girls glaring at him. “Are you just going to stare there like an idiot or say what the hell you want?” the girl rolled her eyes. “So high and mighty. Finlay said to get your ass into her study, like right now.” “well, maybe I would if you'd get the heck out of the room and let me change?” “don't bother, I don't know why they always choose the stupid ones.” she muttered as she slammed the door.

Fergus breathed throught his gritted teeth, lately, everything and absolutely everyone managed to piss him off.

He was tense as he stomped down the hall towards Ms Finlays study, he didn't bother to even knock as he stepped in, narrowing his eyes as the Irish woman smiled at him. It was quite forced smile. “Fergus, you better go and pack your bags. You have been adopted.”

The teen blinked, looking at the woman covered with jewellery. Who on their right mind would possibly adopt nearly an adult? “it is a mistake.” he insisted, earning an evil eye from the plumpy woman who tried to mask her annoyance. “Papers have been signed. Go and start packing. They are nearly here.”

The teen was gently pushed out of the study, the door slammed on his surprised face.

Who could possibly adopt him, out of all those doe-eyed, lively children in the household?

A/N

So, how was it peeps? A bit short, but I gotta go to school lol