15

The man with deep brown eyes winked at the reporters, raising his hand as a goodbye before making his way down the stage

The man with deep brown eyes winked at the reporters, raising his hand as a goodbye before making his way down the stage. Greedy reporters tried to yell out the last questions, ready to stamp all over each other for a simple answer from the billionaire.

Fergus turned the TV off, slouching back into the gray coloured couch.

Things had changed drastically, to his surprise, he had handled it pretty well.

Leah, Jolene, Brax and Ash were all Enchanted. Their powers had been introduced to Fergus the day before when he had formed some sort of truce with Nick. Or that's what he thinks.

Ashton and Braxton had elasticity and strength, after hearing that, Fergus could put two and two together. They had been there, they had scared the people, they had taken advantage of the situation. Bloody hell, they had stolen from a bank and held a gun to his head! A small part of him couldn't help but look closer at the twins now, trying to see the end of a gun hidden somewhere.

Leah had the ability to heal, not big wounds or bring people back from the dead, but small cuts and bruises were her forte. Apparently, the heavy glare that seemed to find itself on Fergus more than once made the teenager doubt in Leahs abilities. She'd rather kill than heal him.

And Jolene was a siren, she could sing about something and to whoever she decided to sing, would do her bidding willingly. That made Fergus wonder if she had ever sung for him to make her hot chocolate.

He hoped not, there was no way he was going to be someone's errand boy, especially to a kid like Jo.

Okay, he had definitely not gotten used to the idea that he was currently staying in the house full of Enchanted people. However, when he thought harder about it, he realized that neither Nick nor her current wife were Enchanted, he had yet to ask this of the man.

But then again, he couldn't run head first into the discussion, he knew that, he wasn't a fool.

Nick was planning the murder of Tony Stark for heaven's sake!

"You've been sulking for too long, show some interest in his plans. Stop avoiding everyone, Jo won't be sharing the couch with you forever perv. Besides, Nick will start thinking you're plotting something against him if you keep high tailing out of the room all the time." Fergus blinked up, meeting Leah's dark gaze.

"Okay, who are you and what have you done with Leah?" The girl raised her perfectly shaped eyebrow, crossing her arms in annoyance. "I mean, uh, it's fine. I just needed a little time to myself. Had to sort out all those magical thoughts up here." he said, offering the girl a cheeky smile as he tapped the side of his temple.

Deep down, he was still trying to sort out whatever was going on.

Leah breathed through her teeth, dropping her tense shoulders. "Just be careful, okay?" Fergus nodded, feeling drained of energy. She left quietly, as soon as she disappeared, Fergus felt the aching in his back reduce.