25

"So, I take it you are a runner? Any worried parents we should know about? Evil organisations? Underground gangs? Anything?" the billionaire asked, looking over his dark glasses at Fergus who was as still as a statue

"So, I take it you are a runner? Any worried parents we should know about? Evil organisations? Underground gangs? Anything?" the billionaire asked, looking over his dark glasses at Fergus who was as still as a statue. The man looked at him as if he was a puzzle to solve, a case to crack or like another person with mutated genes.

Tony Stark was most likely trying to figure out the whole chain of Fergus' DNA.

Fergus had to think fast which front to put up, anger did no good, it was Tony Stark, a bunch of guards and most definitely a spy or agent of some kind. He did not know who the man named Wilson worked for. Which organisation, definitely not the police, and Fergus could not come up with any other organisation but FBI, he was sure there were a lot more but he had never been interested in law or politics or agencies.  

And Tony Stark was the Ironman, Avenger, rumoured to be a genius. So Fergus had to be smart about his next moves. 

He sighed, casting his eyes down even though everything in him screamed to stay alert. He listened closely, making sure no one but them were left in the small diner. "Why– why does it matter?" he asked hesitantly, his green eyes flickering up at the brown ones of Tony Stark. "Well-" Wilson was cut off by the billionaire who clicked his tongue, waving at the dark-skinned man to be quiet.

"You were part of the group who ruined my building. For your information, it cost me a quarter of a million, including all of the compensations of the workers who got scraped by the process of guards and police trying to keep them safe from some psycho group. And, oh wait, you were there as well? What a coincidence." Stark gasped, taking off his tinted glasses with such grace Fergus couldn't help but have a small suspicion he had been doing it in front of a mirror plenty of times before.

"Stark." Wilson said, a warning undertone to his otherwise neutral expression. "nuh huh, zip it, Hound Dog, my building, my money, my case." the man said, having a bit more sass to his voice. He straightened his Armani suit, reaching out to Wilson's cup and taking it for himself. He took a sip, fully aware that all of the attention was on him solely. He scrunched up his nose before sliding his hand under his grey suit, taking out a golden flask with an elegant T graved into it, pouring a couple of drops of it into the drink that Fergus identified as coffee. The smell that tickled his senses made Fergus realize Stark poured Whiskey into the drink.

"Alright, I must ask you to collect your things and come with me." the agent asked, agitated with the billionaire and his arrogance. Stark rolled his eyes, crossing his arms. "Have you asked the kid's name?" the man gave him an odd look and Fergus suspected that Tony liked to annoy people. He looked at Fergus who hadn't moved an inch, trying to weigh all of his options and how to get out. He was not planning to spend any time in the government's hidden basement or drinking coffee-whiskey with Tony Stark. He had yet to figure out if what Mr Lennon had said was true or not. 

"Well? What's your name?" Fergus gulped, raising his eyes hesitantly to meet with Tony's. He did notice a dark shadow sitting behind the glass window, looking unimpressed as it sat on the bench across the street. "Giuseppe Mauricio Ferdele Lee, sir." he said wearily, amused when he saw Stark's eyebrows rise, but the scoff made Fergus almost flinch. "Nice try, get up Fergus." Wilson said, all the friendliness that was there five minutes before was gone.