38

Fergus had requested the dragon-man to be sent away

He did not need any distractions, he did not need any liars, and even if he did not lie, Fergus most definitely did not need an overly excited, large man to shout into his ear.

He slowly walked towards the balcony, the curtains softly flying in the breeze. He hadn't slept really, he had tried to, but found himself unable to do so really. There was a bugging feeling in his chest, or something akin to adrenaline. The room was now cold, the corners mostly frosted over. He looked out into the courtyard solemnly.

It was just the beginning of dawn when the large doors down below burst open and he saw three people stumbling out, one of them being the said dragon-man.

"Fenrir!"

the air rippled with power as the wind picked up. Fergus tensed, feeling as though the whole room shuddered at the growl. The hair on the back of his neck rose and a flash of panic shot through him.

The man was being forcefully pushed back, spears drawn to lead him out of the gates. Towards where? Fergus had no idea. What was beyond the gates? There seemed to be nothing, nothing but endless, ashy sand and darkness.

The man tossed someone aside, hair flying in the wind as he seemed turn almost green for a second, and then his eyes snapped up, staring at Fergus who was peering down at the courtyard. His eyes widened in surprise as he took a startled step back.

"Fenrir!"

The burly man's eyes were so light that Fergus could see them glowing from the far distance. He watched as one of the soldiers who had to escort him out charged. The man sidestepped, grabbing the long spear and swinging it away along with the soldier. His eyes flew up again, as if making sure Fergus was still there.

The second soldier attacked, drawing his sword as he held it high above his head. Jörmi ducked and grabbed the mans arm, twisting it so the sword scattered against the stones loudly. Within a blink of an eye, he had grabbed the man in his hands, swung him around and then released him making him land into another one of the attacking soldiers.

Fergus gaped, blinking slowly as he realised the man had turned around again, his glowing golden eyes starting into his.

"Fenrir." he whispered this time, the wind picked up and Fergus felt uneasy as he glared down at the man.

"Go away." he growled at the burly man quietly, backing away as he watched the wind toss his hair wildly around his chiseled face. No expression was visible on the mans face, Fergus broke the intense eye contact as the tiny, blue scales that crawled up Jörmis neck caught his attention.

His breath hitched as he watched Jörmi be swallowed by the scales, he grew larger, changing his shape and turning into the creature from the night before. The wind seemed to engulf the whole courtyard as it pushed back anyone who even tried to approach.