XIII - My Dear, Melancholy

Princess Felonia's hair was oddly turning a dark brown

Princess Felonia's hair was oddly turning a dark brown. She sat by her window watching a kid dance in the street as a crew of musicians played on their way to church. It was a hot Sunday evening

Some vines grew all the way to her window letting leaves peek in her room and sometimes fall on the floor. It was too hot to do anything outside so she watched the sunset. A bird flew down from the clouds above the sun and started flying towards her. She smiled at the bird and watched it sway and flap its wings until she saw how big it was. It was bigger than her with legs and arms like a human. It had a beautiful blend of colors on its feathers. Felonia stood back as it landed on her window seal with a letter in its hand.

"For you." it said. Then it flew away.

She opened the letter and saw that it was from Isic. He told her everything. From the moment he met her. All of his thoughts, things he heard, everything he's seen. Where he was how he got there, who did what to get him where. She crumbled the letter in frustration and fear and anger. She hated what she just read. How could her parents just send him away that. She stood up to go face them. She marched to her door and pulled the knob to open it. It was red hot and burned her hand. She screamed in pain as blisters started to form on her hand an pop and bleed. 

Her mother rushed in to help her. She was grabbing Felonia's hands trying to hold her down and calm her down on the bed. Felonia slapped her mother and tried shoving the letter in her face, pushing her away and slapping her. The Queen let go and saw the letter. Felonia watched holding her hand crying and screaming. With her left hand she grabbed a dagger from under her bed and tried to cut her mother. Her mother ran out the room and shut the door. "I'm sorry darling, no heroes this time. My dear melancholy." She said. Felonia kept banging on the door knowing it was locked. 

Immediately Felonia opened her closet and pulled out a long black leather glove and put it on her right hand. Deep in her closet she had some armor and a few weapons. She found those. Leather armor that will last awhile as she escapes. Two swords and the dagger in her hand. 

She started tying her bed sheets and dresses together to make a long "rope" down. Then she used all of her might to move her bed to the window and tie the sheets around her bed post and threw the rest down. "I'm coming Isic," she said, "Don't worry my love, I'm coming." She climbed out of her window and down to the ground. No guards saw, so she was in the clear. She walked off in the crowd and disappeared. "I'm coming, Isic, I'm coming."