Chapter 2: Where am I? When am I?

Snotlout and the twins stopped everything they were doing to see the damage they caused. Their dragons also looked in surprise at the young man unconscious on the floor with a now broken barrel of Monstrous Nightmare gel near him; they kept flying in one place until their riders finally awoken from the surprise slumber and landed on each of Hiccup's side. The three dismounted in unusual silence and approached their leader.

"Hiccup?" Snotlout dared to call in a worried tone.

"Geez, what's up with all that noise..." Fishlegs's words died in his mouth as he saw his friend lying on the ground, unconscious. "Oh, no!" He dismounted and ran towards Hiccup, kneeling by his side to check on him. "What have you guys done?"

"We... found him like that?" Tuffnut half answered half asked. The dragons got closer to have a better look as well, all of them surrounding Hiccup and Fishlegs on the floor.

"It was the twins fault!" Snotlout yelled pointing at them.

"Hey, if I remember correctly, it was Hookfang who held the barrel last, so I guess that makes it your fault." Ruffnut said with her hands on her hips and a victorious smile.

"Man, Astrid is gonna kill you for that..." It was Tuffnut's turn to tease the black haired friend.

"Guys, it's not a joke!" Fishlegs's scolded.

"Who am I gonna kill and why?" Everyone went silent hearing Astrid's voice. Stormfly landed near them, but the blond girl couldn't see what was the reason for the commotion since the humans and dragons were shielding the view. "By the way, lunch is ready and I'm starving... Has anyone seen... Hiccup!" She yelled running and falling to her knees next her boyfriend. "What happened?"

"Well... you see..." "I guess it was just a little accident..." The twins started at the same time.

"Guys, we don't have time for this, look!"

Startled, Astrid looked at what Fishlegs was talking about and she felt as if her heart was squeezed inside her chest at the sight of blood on the chubby fingers holding Hiccup's head. It was more serious than she had imagined.

"Okay, Ruff, Tuff, go get the first aid kit on the Club House." She ordered and the twins nodded, jumping on Barf and Belch to fly there. She put a hand on Fishlegs's shoulder. "Can you take him to his hut?"

"Sure."

"Good. Snotlout, clear his path and open the door."

With a nod, he jumped on Hookfang and flew to Hiccup's hut to open the door even before Fishlegs could hop on Meatlug with their unconscious leader on his arms. Meatlug flew into the hut and then up to the second floor, her rider carefully dismounted and placed Hiccup on his bed.

All the commotion woke Toothless up; the Night Fury stretched before looking around and tilted his head in confusion. Stormfly landed on the first floor and Astrid hurried upstairs. Snotlout followed her slowly, leaving Hookfang to wait outside.

"How is he?" She asked.

"I don't know, yet..." He looked to both Astrid and Toothless's worried faces and continued in a reassuring tone. "But I'm sure he'll be fine. Girl, go home and wait for me there, okay?" Meatlug cooed and flew out of Hiccup's hut right before Barf and Belch enter the building.

The Zippleback's long necks reached the second floor easily and Ruffnut handed Fishlegs the first aid kit. With Astrid's help, he managed to clean the wound and bandage Hiccup's head.

Later, they decided to remove his leather vest and accessories, since it was drenched in Monstrous Nightmare gel. The rest of the outfit was mostly clean, so they didn't bother to change his shirt or pants, especially because Astrid wasn't willing to leave his side until he'd wake up.