Chapter 15: Learning How to Train Your Dragon Again

After spending the whole morning at the forge, Gobber asked Hiccup to deliver some of the already sharpened weapons, so Hiccup could talk to some people and maybe remember something, anything. Or at least show everyone he was fine. The boy agreed and after eating something quick in the Great Hall and giving Toothless a bunch of cods, he got the weapons to deliver and started doing so. He still remembered well where almost everyone lived, so it didn't take long to do the task, and finally, he had the last sword that belonged to Sven.

As soon as he finished the small talk with Sven, Hiccup waved goodbye and continued his stroll around the village with his Night Fury loyally behind him. He greeted some familiar faces, recognized some now older tribe members, like Gustav, though he had to force himself not to look so surprised to see how that boy looked now. And then, an unfamiliar girl greeted him as if they were close friends... And they probably were, he just, well, didn't remember. But he didn't want her to know that.

"Hiccup! It's nice to see you again. How are you doing?"

"Hi... I am fine. Just fine, you know, just doing the same things as always, riding Toothless, eating, drinking... training dragons... These sort of stuff." He shrugged. The girl raised an eyebrow. He seemed weird, however, she didn't really know what was it, yet. "And how are you? What brings you here?"

Hiccup didn't know anything about this girl with long black hair and green eyes, apart from that she knew him and she was pretty. So he tried to act normal and to ask neutral questions, if she had moved to Berk recently, 'here' could mean just the place in the village or if she was a visitor, it could mean the island, it was up to interpretation.

"I'm here for the meeting, you silly. As if you didn't know." The girl laughed. "We were invited, too; even though we know how to deal with dragons. But then, we can help you, or at least we hope so. Speaking of dragons, we arrived a few hours ago; I told my brother we could leave tomorrow, but he wanted to come so badly that we came earlier. Indeed, traveling with dragons make things so much easier and faster, don't you think? Instead of the usual day and a half, we made the trip in less than three hours."

"Yeah, it's great, isn't it?"

"Yeah... Are you really okay, Hiccup?" Before he could even say anything, a metallic dragon nudged him and he had to contain the urge to yelp in surprise. He should be used to that, to being gently touched by the creatures he wanted to kill just last week. "H-hi..." He caressed the metallic dragon, hoping his movements didn't seem so awkward. He failed miserably.

"It seems like Windshear missed you. It's been a while since we last seen each other."

"Indeed..." He mumbled seeing Toothless playfully greets Windshear.

"Brother!" A hysterical voice yelled through the crowd, Hiccup felt it was somewhat familiar, but he couldn't really picture whose it was from until he saw the red haired man approaching him with wide open arms. The boy shrank and tried not to look so mortified as he recognized him.

"D-Dagur?" As he stuttered, the man side hugged him. Hiccup tried not to look so tense, but it was impossible, the last time he remembered seeing the Berserker, he made Hiccup a target practice for shooting knives.

"Long time no see! How are things on Berk? And on the Edge? Hum? We've been great, despite the fact that we haven't discovered anything about hour dad, yet, right, Sis?"

Hiccup's mind was still spinning.

"You said... brother?" He gulped. "To me?" And then he looked from Dagur to the black haired girl back and forth. Hic voice came in a whisper. "And I didn't know Oswald had a daughter..."

Dagur laughed for a while in his freakish way.

"Always with the sense of humor!" He patted Hiccup on the back and nearly made the boy fall, if it wasn't for a very fast and careful Night Fury to catch him with his head.