Chapter 4: Finally, Some Answers

Astrid opened up the door and then closed it. Toothless looked at her, still sad and confused. Feeling bad for the dragon, she scratched him on his favorite spot on the chin, trying to make the dragon feel better, even though she knew it'd only be possible when Hiccup came back to normal. With that in mind, she dragged herself upstairs.

"I brought a block of ice for your headache. I hope it helps... How are you feeling?"

Hiccup shrugged, accepting the ice block and placing it carefully on his head.

"A little better, I guess... Everything is just so weird... It's like my world have been turned upside down and I don't understand anything..."

"I know... I'm sorry." She smiled sadly and sat by his side, noticing he had finished eating lunch. She didn't have the time yet and actually, she wasn't feeling hungry anymore, so she'd just eat later. "Was the food good?"

"Yes, thank you."

"I guess you have like a million questions, right? Where do we start?"

He pouted, wondering for a while, there were so many questions that he felt kinda dizzy. His face went down and he spotted his left leg, or what was left of it.

"What about start with what happened with my leg? I mean, I went to bed yesterday and I had two feet, now I have only one... I mean, it wasn't yesterday because you told me it's been three years and a lot must have happened between now and then, but to me it was only yesterday and so..." His voice died.

"Ok... Well, it's a bit complicated, but to sum up, let's say it was an accident with a gigantic dragon that you actually killed..."

She knew the moment she saw his skeptical face with a raised eyebrow that she shouldn't have said that. How could he believe that, anyway? He only remembered being the village nuisance, the misfit, the screw up... How could he believe he killed the Red Death? She sighed.

"You actually want me to believe that? I knew there was something wrong with you being so nice to me all of a sudden, you're pulling a prank on me, aren't you?"

"No, Hiccup..."

"Where are Gobber and my dad?"

"They're not here, but they'll come soon."

"Soon when? And where is 'here', by the way?"

"We're on an island you called Dragon's Edge. They're on Berk, but we already sent a note to ask them to come."

"So I guess I'm stuck with you..."

"Oh, come on, it can't be that bad..."

"It wouldn't be if you actually answered my questions... I mean, the talking fishbone of the Hooligan Tribe, killing a gigantic mountain sized dragon? Are you serious?"

How she wished her Hiccup were here! He'd have started off this whole thing better than her...

"I know it's hard to believe, but I swear it's true! Besides, you were not alone, you had Toothless."

"You mean the black dragon?" She nodded in response. "Why did you name him that, by the way?"

"Toothless is not my dragon, he's yours. I wouldn't name a Night Fury like that..."

"He's a Night Fury? A Night Fury? Are you kidding me?" His jaw dropped. "You're telling me I have a Night Fury?"

Astrid wanted to face palm.

"I know... It's unbelievable..."

"But... No one faced a Night Fury and lived to tell the tale!"