Chapter 25: Aftermath

One week later, on the island of Berk...

Astrid kept looking at the sky with great expectation. Stormfly was lying by her side, sleeping.

Fishlegs, Snotlout and the twins had returned to the Edge a couple of days ago, they didn't want to leave the place unguarded for too long, but she had told them that Fishlegs was on command and the others should follow his lead or else she'd personally kick the three of them permanently to Valhalla. After all, she was still mad at them for making Hiccup lose his memory. Snotlout wanted to stay to 'help' the other tribes, especially the Bog-Burglars so he'd be close to Camicazi; he really liked how she looked now. But they all went anyway.

However, she knew the twins and Snotlout too well to know they wouldn't behave for too long, so if a Terror appeared with an SOS message from Fishlegs, it wouldn't be a surprise. But that was not what she was waiting for, looking at the skies.

"Still nothing, Lass?" Gobber asked as he approached.

"No... I'm getting worried. They should have come back by now."

"They'll be here soon. Visithug Island is not that far."

"Especially on dragons..." She mumbled.

"Exactly!" He said. "Now come, Lass. You need to distract yourself a little. And then, when you notice, they'll already be here."

Astrid rolled her eyes, but stood up smiling.

"Okay, Gobber..."

"By the way, tomorrow he's gonna go check on the Bog-Burglars, right?"

"Indeed. But he's not gonna go alone there. I'm going, he wants it or not."

The blacksmith chuckled. "You're not still jealous about that Cami lass, are you?"

"Hey, I just want to guarantee my boyfriend will be fine in an island full of beautiful women warriors..."

"Yeah, yeah..." He agreed and both started walking back to the village, but a sound made them stop and look up, it was a very well known sound of a Night Fury's growl of happiness and triumph. Stormfly woke up and screeched joyfully.

As soon as Hiccup saw them both, he landed gracefully in front of them.

"Finally! What took you guys so long?" She demanded giving a step forward to pet Toothless. Stoick and Skullcrusher also landed near them.

"Okay, I admit it, I liked seeing Dogsbreath and Warthog get punished by what they did... And we also stopped to check on the Meatheads on the way. Thuggory is a natural with Killer, they're making the Meatheads open up their minds to dragons. Soon they'll have winged lizard friends just like we do."

Astrid then raised her fist and punched the lad's arm.

"Ouch... What was that for?"

"That was for leaving me behind for like two days, worrying about you."

"Is it always going to be like that?" He asked rubbing the sore spot, but he barely had time to finish the sentence before she grabbed his shirt and kiss him lightly.

"And that was for... Because I wanted to."

"I could get used to it..." His remark made her smile, and then she turned to her chief.

"And how was the trip?"

"It was fine. Especially after I talked to the Visithug chief about what his son and nephew planned joining the Hysterics... I guess if it weren't family, he'd have exiled the two of them, so furious he was. And I had to hold myself not to spank them both." He put a hand on his son's shoulder. "Nobody messes with a Haddock."