Chapter 16: The Arrival of Chiefs and Heirs

The next morning soon came, and Hiccup got even more nervous. It was obvious for those who knew him, like Toothless and Astrid, walking by each of his side while heading to the Great Hall for breakfast. Toothless tried to make him feel better by nudging him tenderly, and Astrid put a hand on his shoulder.

"It's gonna be fine, Hiccup. You're a natural at it, believe me, I have seen you in action."

"Well, I haven't, but it's not only that..." He mumbled.

"Of course your memories are important, but they don't define you; your actions do."

"Have we seen any other heir or chief again? Have they changed like Dagur?"

"No, we haven't. Stoick had been in a few meetings, but you didn't go with him. So, if they changed, I really don't know... Why?"

"Just wondering, I'd need to know, anyway..."

"True..." She agreed as they entered the Great Hall.

Sitting at a table, Fishlegs was eating with the Dragon Book right beside him. Hiccup and Astrid sat in front of him, Toothless laid beside his rider. Hiccup looked at the book one more time and took Fishlegs advices while they ate.

Some flashbacks returned to him while listening to his nerd friend, brief stuff like how they came up with airmail and how Astrid doubted them and then he teased her after they proved her it worked; how they started training the dragons with hand signals; and the terrible terror training and competition to see who was the best trainer.

The three were still talking about dragons, walking around the island when they spotted a few ships at the distance, coming in their direction.

The first to port were the Meatheads, as the closest ones, they arrived a few hours before the others. This was probably the friendliest tribe to the Hooligans, they had a history together and despite a few misunderstandings, Mogadon, the Chief, was a good friend of Stoick, the Vast. Thuggory was the heir of the Meatheads, and he was a big bulky guy, kinda like Snotlout, only stronger and taller. Hiccup didn't know much about him and he had seen him so long ago he barely remembered the guy, but he was a bit intimidating, looking like a proper Viking heir, unlike Hiccup, who was scrawny and weak looking.

Later came the Bog-Burglars, soon followed by the Lava-Louts.

The Bog Burglars were a tribe of female Vikings; their leader was Bertha, a tall, strong woman so stealthy that she could steal anyone's underpants right under their noses. They shouldn't be underestimated, Stoick had already made such mistake competing and betting against them some times, and the Hooligans lost most of them. Camicazi was Bertha's daughter, she was a lean, athletic girl, with long loose strawberry blond hair, her clothes were so neat and tidy that made her look so pretty and innocent that most could underestimate her, however, her fierce blue eyes showed she was a very brave and sassy lass.

Humongously Hotshot was the chief of the Lava-Louts. He was a young lad, no more than 25, therefore, he didn't have an heir, or at least, not one old enough for the meeting. So he came with only an old friend who was also his counselor.

The last ones to arrive were the Visithugs, their leader was Arngrim Dammen, a wonderful warrior with his 17-year-old son who had always been bigger than Hiccup, even when they were kids and he was a year younger than the Berkian. Arngrim's son was Dogsbreath, and they brought along his cousin, the young Warthog. Both were the perfect example of Vikings, tall, bulky and ruthless.

The Visithugs arrived a couple hours before sundown, and they already demanded the dragons to be caged in the arena for the night. All of hem, including Toothless, Skullcrusher, even the dragons of the A Team and Shattermaster and Windshear. They were all caged there, even though Hiccup really didn't like being without his best friend. Neither did Toothless.