Chapter Four

After LiYun told AiLin about the story, AiLin got up and walked slowly down the path. He just couldn't wrap his head around the tale. Was it possible that the story in fact was true? If so, then why would the Jade Emperor do such a thing? As he walked, he could tell that LiYun was walking behind him slowly.

''So, this is why you have been trying to find me'' AiLin asked without turning around ''You want to take me back to a place that I have no memories of with other Gods that I don't know and an Emperor that casted me away without memories.''

LiYun didn't know how to answer at first. He just stood there quite looking at AiLin's back. He slowly walked over to him and placed his hand on his shoulder. AiLin pulled away, turning around looking at him.

''I'm not going back'' AiLin said with anger.

''You don't have to'' LiYun said, reaching out for AiLin again.

Once again, AiLin pulled away only to shift into his fox form and ran up the path into the cave. There AiLin was able to find a small hole to hide in where LiYun couldn't reach him. LiYun slowly followed behind. The moment he entered the cave he was taken back by how lovely the inside was. Huge statues that were left behind when the temple was once used.

From the outside it looked abandoned, but the inside looked as if it was still being used. Was AiLin keeping it clean? LiYun looked around trying to find AiLin. He spotted the small hole that AiLin had ran into. LiYun sat down next to it and leaned against the wall.

Hours went by as LiYun sat there. He started to wonder how AiLin spent his time here alone. His eyes started to drift close. Once he was fast asleep, AiLin slowly crawled out of the hole shifting back to human form and looked at the large sleeping LiYun. If this man was going to sleep here, AiLin couldn't let him get cold or wake up hungry. AiLin walked over and grabbed a hold of a blanket then dragged it over Liyun's lap. Just before he set out to find food, AiLin stopped in the doorway and looked back at LiYun.

LiYun woke up from a nightmare only to find a blanket over his lap. He looked around for AiLin and even looked in the hole. Just then he heard footsteps coming from outside. LiYun sat up and looked. Was it a human? LiYun stood up tossing the blanket aside.

''You can chill, Li'' a small voice said from outside.

AiLin walked in and smiled a bit. His arms were full of fruits and a dead rabbit. AiLin sat the stuff on the small table to the right.

''Figured you would be hungry when you woke up'' he said.

LiYun walked over and hugged AiLin from behind. AiLin was taken back by LiYun's action. AiLin tried to wiggle from his arms only to have LiYun tighten his arms around him. AiLin didn't know what to do or why LiYun was doing this. LiYun finally let go and walked out of the cave without saying a word. AiLin stood still and didn't follow him out.

LiYun stood outside turning his head up to the sky and closed his eyes. Why did he just hug AiLin? It's not as if he had feelings for him. Maybe it was because of what his mother said about the white fox visiting him and blessing him when he was born, if the story was true. Sadly, the only other person who would know, doesn't ever remember anything about living in the God world. LiYun looked back at the cave. Would it be better to leave him here, take him back to the human world with him, or take him back to the God world?

AiLin poked his head out and looked at LiYun ''Food will be ready soon so don't think about leaving'' he smiled then headed back in.

This fox kept on surprising LiYun. He walked back in and looked at him as he cooked. He stood near the doorway as he leaned against the wall. For the longest time neither of them talked to each other. Then LiYun spoke up.