Chapter Six

Both AiLin and Jing walked around the streets finding all different things to eat. They had stopped in one of Jing's favorite tea houses. AiLin loved the sight of Ciqikou. Ciqikou was slower than Chongqing and wasn't as bad either. Everyone knew everyone and they were nice as well. AiLin picked up his cup and watched the people as they walked by. Watching the young and old getting along made him smile.

Jing watched AiLin as he watched everything around him. Seeing AiLin reacting to everything made him wonder how he lived in the forest alone for so long.

''So LiYun brought you back here'' Jing said, breaking the silence between them.

AiLin looked at him and nodded ''I'm not sure what I can do though. I don't know anything about martial arts like the three of you. I do know how to cook though'' he said taking a drink of his tea.

''That would be perfect'' Jing said perking up ''A home cooked meal would be way better than always eating out. In fact, instead of getting something, how about we make something to eat. It's been awhile since any of us had a freshly homemade meal.'' Just thinking about it made Jing's eyes lighten up.

AiLin laughed softly ''Guessing none of you know how to cook then'' he asked.

''Sadly no, LiYun tried to cook once'' the look on Jing's face told it all before he could say anything else ''That stupid dragon almost burnt down the place. I never learned how and as for Kong, well we raised him since he was seven so he doesn't know either.''

AiLin thought for a while. Since the three of them didn't know how to cook then this would be perfect. AiLin stood up and grabbed Jing pulling him out to the street. He looked around for a moment then went to one of the food stalls. AiLin still had plenty of money that the old lady had given him. AiLin ran around all the street markets and bought all that he and Jing could carry in their arms. Jing just followed and laughed as he watched how excited the little fox was getting from buying food.

''Hey, I think we got enough. Let's head back. If you stay gone to long that the stupid dragon will come looking for sure'' Jing said.

AiLin stopped and nodded ''Yeah, he is stupid like that'' he teased laughing.

Jing shook his head as they headed back ''Tell me something, Ai. Why did you agree to come back with LiYun anyways'' he asked looking at him confused.

AiLin really didn't know himself how to answer that ''It's just something about him that I'm just drawn to'' AiLin smiled thinking about how LiYun held his hand the whole way here. ''He looks mean but he is soft and kind as well. So, I feel comfortable around him'' AiLin hugged the food he bought close to his chest.

Jing watched his every move and expression. He smiled as he could tell AiLin really meant every word he said about LiYun. Jing laughed a bit.

''What about Kong? What is it about him you like'' AiLin asked.

Jing stopped and looked at him ''Excuse me'' he said confused.

AiLin turned and looked back at him ''Kong, what about him do you like'' he smiled and started to walk again ''He seems like trouble to me but he also seems like he has a kind side as well. Wolfs are known to be troublesome but loyal as well.''

Jing never really gave it any much thought. The only time they were close like that was when they were teaching a class. They had never slept together in the past. In fact, Jing could always remember Kong being kind of stand offish when it came to things like that. It was the first time Kong had embraced anyone.

AiLin looked back at Jing who was lost in thought ''Well'' he said.

Jing shook his head snapping out of it ''To me Kong is still a kid. As you said, he is troublesome but he is kind as well. Very loyal too.'' They reached the door to The White Dragon and peeked in ''Should we cook first or wake them'' he said nodding for AiLin to peek in.