Side Story: The Story of The Wolf Kong

Unlike most God's, Kong was born of humans. He wasn't even meant to be born to start with. Kong's mother was only nineteen when she had been raped by an older guy who was drunk at the bar she was working at. When she found out she was with child she moved back to her home village. She had times where she almost went through a miscarriage. She was soon admitted to the hospital when she was eight months along. One night, she snuck out to one of the nearby Temples of the Gods. Holding her belly, she knelt down in front of the statue of the Jade Emperor and begged him to save her child. She stayed there the whole night begging. While she slept then Jade Emperor came to her. Touching her belly, he could see the child's fate and all he would do. He slowly woke her from her sleep and told her.

''If I save your child, I will have to make him into a God'' he said to her.

Kong's mother laid her hand on her stomach and looked down. The Emperor told her the fate he had if he was to be saved. If not, the child would die before it had a chance to live. He also told her that when her child reached the age of seven, she would die, but not to worry as someone would come along and offer him a home and teach him everything he needed to know. Kong's mother didn't want to lose her child so she agreed with the Emperor. If he would save her child, she would gladly take on anything that needed to be done. The Emperor agreed, but as to what God he would make him into he didn't know. Then he noticed the girl had a wolf tattoo on her arm. Smiling the Emperor touched the tattoo.

''He will be a Wolf God. The Wolf is a symbol of guardianship, ritual, loyalty, and spirit. The Wolf has the ability to make quick and firm emotional attachments, and often need to trust their own instincts'' he said smiling.

She nodded. Soon after that night Kong was born and as the Jade Emperor had said, when Kong reached the age of seven his mother died due to a hit and run. Kong was left to fend for himself. The village he lived in called him bad luck and the devil. A few teens found Kong one day and started to beat him. They kicked him and threw him against the wall. Just as one was about to cut him, a tall large guy stood behind them with his arms crossed over his chest, this was LiYun. When the teens saw him, they got scared and ran away. Another guy stepped out from behind him and knelt down by Kong reaching his hand out to him giving him a soft smile, this was Jing. LiYun offered Kong a place to stay. They both taught Kong everything they knew. Since that day Kong swore to always follow LiYun and Jing. From that day forth, Kong always stuck with them. This was his family now and he loved it.