Chapter Fifteen

Jing sat with AiLin petting him softly ''Ai, thank you for today'' he said as AiLin laid his head on him nudging him softly letting him know it was ok. Jing smiled then leaned against him and fell asleep. AiLin wrapped himself around Jing to keep him warm. The door opened slowly and AiLin picked his head up growling, but stopped when he saw LiYun and Kong walk in. LiYun walked over and looked at AiLin.

''Still upset I see'' he said as he placed a hand on AiLin's head.

Kong walked over to Jing that was asleep only to have AiLin turn and growled laying his head over Jing. LiYun laughed and shook his head ''Kong, leave him be for now. As long as AiLin is like this he will keep acting that way'' he said.

Kong sighed and looked up at AiLin and patted him ''Ok Ai, I understand then. Just make sure he stays warm.''

AiLin huffed at him and nudged him away. LiYun laughed and pulled Kong away upstairs. AiLin covered Jing back up with his head and closed his eyes.

''He won't even let me get close to Jing'' Kong said flopping on the couch ''Can't you do something about him?''

''If I could then I would. Would you rather I go all dragon and hold him down while you take Jing away'' LiYun said teasing.

''That could work'' Kong said looking at him.

LiYun growled at him ''Not happening'' he said.

Kong turned back around and crossed his arms. About an hour later Jing came running up the stairs bursting into LiYun's room.

''Li, something is wrong with Ai'' he said worried.

LiYun jumped up out of bed and ran down the stairs over to AiLin who was now in human form. He reached out and touched his forehead noticing he had a fever. LiYun picked him up and carried him upstairs to the room laying him down on the bed. He took AiLin's shirt off and covered him up with the blanket.

Jing stood in the doorway worried ''Is he going to be ok, Li'' he said.

''He has a fever right now. You go get some sleep, I'll take care of him'' LiYun said in a calm soft voice as he got up and went to the kitchen filling a bowl with ice water then grabbed a rag and returned to AiLin's side.

Jing stayed in the doorway watching. LiYun sighed and got up, taking Jing to the living room ''Kong, wake up'' he kicked the back of the couch.

Kong jumped up and looked around ''Yeah'' he said.

''Take Jing to get some sleep, I'm going to take care of Ai'' LiYun went back to his room and shut the door.

''Jing'' Kong walked over to him and hugged only to have Jing start crying.

''It's my fault'' he said ''Ai has a fever.''

Kong holds Jing tightly ''He will be ok, Li will make sure of it.'' He picks Jing up and carries him to the room laying him down ''Just try to sleep. I'm sure Ai will be better in the morning.'' Kong played with Jing's hair trying to help him sleep.

LiYun spent the whole night taking care of AiLin. He ended up laying next to him. AiLin woke the next morning to find LiYun laying next to him and holding him tightly. AiLin smiled and sat up. When he did the rag fell off his forehead onto his lap. He slowly got out of bed and snuck out the room closing the door behind him. He was making his way down the hall when he saw smoke coming from the kitchen. When he reached the kitchen he saw Jing was trying to cook.

''What are you doing?'' he said laughing.

''AI!'' Jing said almost in tears ''I was trying to make breakfast. You make it look so easy though.''