Side Story: The Story Of Dragon LiYun

LiYun was born to the Dragon King and his first wife the Dragon Queen. Before he was born he already had a promise of marriage granted to him by the Jade Emperor. On the day he was born everyone was excited to see if LiYun's promised one would show up. The Jade Emperor was holding the small LiYun when a small boy with long white hair and two different color eyes showed up. The small boy tugged on the Emperor's clothes so he may see the small baby.

The small boy was Fox Prince AiLin. At first AiLin didn't like the fact that the baby was a boy, but then LiYun looked up at him with his blue eyes. LiYun smiled and reached up touching AiLin's cheek. AiLin finally gave in to the little LiYun. AiLin placed a kiss on his forehead and gave him a blessing full of love from all around him, that his deeds be good and great, those who wish to follow him will always be loyal, and that when they are older their love will last for a long time.

Both the Dragon King and Queen smiled at AiLin as he handed the child back.

Years went by and LiYun started to grow up when sudden war broke out with demons. Sadly, just like AiLin, LiYun lost his father in the war, leaving his mother to rule over the Dragon Clan alone till LiYun was of age to become king.

Although LiYun was born to the queen he was not the oldest, but it did make him the heir. LiYun's father had another son with his second wife. This was LiYun's older brother LiJiang. Growing up they would play together and never parted ways, but when the Queen thought it was time for LiYun to learn how to be king that's when things started to fall apart between them. LiJiang started to cause trouble and acted out.

After sometime stories were being told about the fox that was hurt by humans and was sent to live in a forest that the Emperor said that whoever could find the fox and bring it back would be allowed to marry him. LiYun's mothers had always told him these stories about the fox all his life and even told him the fox came to him when he was born. There was one time that she let slip about his promised marriage to the fox. Wanting to know more about this, LiYun went to the Emperor.

''Is it true about the promise marriage?'' LiYun asked.

''It is. I granted the marriage to the fox when it was born that the next child born in the God world would marry the fox. That child happened to be you.'' The Emperor said as he walked around his studies.

''Why was I not told this till now?''

''After both the Fox and Dragon Kings died the Queens thought it would be best to let you both grow up a part till you were ready and I agreed. Sadly, something has happened now to the little fox. I took away the memories and left it in the forest to live life in peace till someone goes to find it and bring it back.'' The Emperor looked up from a book to see that LiYun was thinking. He smiled.

''I will go and bring her back. I do not care how long it will take me to find her either. When I do I will marry the fox and take the role of King of the Dragon Clan. Till then I am free to do what I want'' LiYun said then turned and walked out.

The Emperor stood there in shock and tried to speak but it was too late. He laughed as he said softly ''The fox is a boy, my silly little dragon.''

Thus LiYun set out in search of the fox and living among the humans. He only took his close friend Jing, a tiger, with him when he left.

After a hundred years of looking, LiYun settled down in Ciqikou. Not long after both Jing and LiYun came across Kong, a wolf. They took him in and raised him. Just as AiLin had blessed him, both Jing and Kong were loyal to him and all loved him. When he opened The White Dragon and taught all those who came to him, thus his deeds were good and great. The only one he had ever really wanted the most was the love AiLin promised that would last forever. He wondered when that would happen.

 He wondered when that would happen