Chapter Eighteen

Days had passed since Jiang had left to tell that LiYun had found the fox prince and he was coming to the God world. After being gone so long, AiLin's mother stood in front of everyone next to the Emperor waiting for him to show. She was already in tears with LiYun's mother standing next to her patting her back. LiYun and AiLin walked up the path to the grand palace where all the Gods were gathered to greet them. The moment they entered everyone bowed.

''We welcome both the Dragon Prince and the Fox Prince home. We welcome the Tiger Jing and the Wolf Kong home'' everyone said at the same time.

AiLin stood slightly behind LiYun as he looked at everyone. One older woman who was crying stepped forward smiling at AiLin. LiYun looked back at AiLin and smiled as well as he pulled him from behind him and pushed him towards the woman.

LiYun walked over to her as well and bowed ''Forgive me for taking so long to bring him home to you, Your highness'' he said softly.

The woman lifted LiYun's head and gently patted his cheeks ''Thank you Li'' she said and hugged him ''Welcome home as well.''

''Thank you, Your Highness'' LiYun said softly. He then took a step back so he stood behind AiLin.

The woman turned and looked AiLin up and down. She reached out and took his hand in hers and held it tightly. She reached up with her other hand and brushed his hair to the side. AiLin couldn't help but stare at her. The more he did, the more he could feel the tears start to fill his eyes.

''I am so happy to see you again my son. It has truly been too long'' she said in a soft voice.

AiLin nodded softly then turned to look at LiYun who had his head hung while talking to the woman that stood near his mother. The woman raised her hand high. AiLin pulled away from his mother and stood between LiYun and the woman just as she brought her hand down making contact with AiLin's face. The woman stepped back looking shocked at what had happened.

''Ai!'' The fox queen said running over to him ''Are you alright?'' she touched his cheek softly.

AiLin nodded then turned looking at LiYun who was shocked as well ''Are you ok?'' he said, holding LiYun's face in his hands.

''Yes, but you'' LiYun brushed his fingertips over the red spot on his face ''Doesn't it hurt?''

AiLin shook his head and smiled but then turned and looked at the woman that slapped him ''I care not if you are the Dragon Queen or LiYun's mother'' he said taking a few steps towards her ''Instead of welcoming him home you choose to raise a hand to him. Do it again and you will have me to deal with.'' He growled low as his eyes started to glow.

She looked at him with a bit of fear in her eyes. LiYun stepped between them looking at AiLin shaking his head.

''Well it seems your son in law is one not to be messed with, Dragon Queen'' a voice said.

AiLin looked to his left to see the Jade Emperor standing there smiling at them. The man looked young and had bright green eyes. AiLin walked over to him without any thought and looked at his eyes. He remembered that the old woman he first met when he went to look for LiYun has the same green eyes. AiLin pointed and tried to speak but the male placed a finger over his own lips shaking his head a bit.

LiYun walked over and placed a hand on AiLin's lower back ''This is the Jade Emperor.''

AiLin didn't say anything. Instead he bowed to him. The Emperor patted his head softly ''I welcome you both home as well. I am so glad to you have you both back after so long.''