Side Story: The Story of The Fox AiLin

Growing up AiLin was always a little different from the other fox in his clan. AiLin was born to the Fox King, who was like the right hand of the Jade Emperor. AiLin was also the only white fox of the clan as well as being the only child the Fox King had. When AiLin was born the Jade Emperor blessed him with all the love he could ever have by humans and Gods alike. He was known to be the next King of the Fox Clan. The Jade Emperor had also promised AiLin's hand to the next child born in their world. Not long after the Dragon King ended up having a child. When AiLin found out he rushed over as fast as he could to see the God that he would marry. When he arrived he saw the Jade Emperor holding the tiny baby in his arms.

The Jade Emperor knelt down so AiLin could meet the child. In surprise AiLin looked at the Emperor and asked him ''Is this child a boy?''

''Indeed he is, my little one'' He said smiling. ''This child will become the next Dragon King, just as you will become the next Fox King.''

''But Jadey, you said the next child born in our world would be the one I was meant to marry'' AiLin said looking back at the baby who was sleeping.

''And you will. The two of you will combined two of the greatest clans ever.'' He had AiLin sit down as he placed the Dragon Prince in his lap ''Wouldn't you like to give a blessing to your husband to be?'' he asked AiLin.

AiLin held the small prince and looked at him for the longest time. The prince's blue eyes drew him in and made him smile as he kissed his forehead ''I bless you with my love and hope those around you will love you just as much as I will. The deeds you will do will be good and great. Those who follow you will always be loyal as well and when we are older our love will be everlasting as we were meant for each other. I also bless you to be strong as well as a kind heart.'' AiLin smiled and looked up at the Emperor who nodded in agreement.

He then took the little sleeping prince back to the queen. As he handed him to her he asked ''What name will you give him?''

She smiled ''With what you blessed him with I think Li fits him, don't you, my son.''

AiLin smiled and nodded. The Dragon King laughed and said ''Thanks to the little Fox Prince for him blessings we will call him LiYun.'' The Dragon King looked at AiLin and patted his head.

As years went by and AiLin grew up a war broke out with the demons. Sadly, both the Dragon and Fox Kings were killed. Since both the princes were too young to take on the thrones it was left up to the Queens of the clans to take over.

As the Emperor had blessed him both Gods and humans alike loved AiLin, but all that changed with one visit to a village that did not care much for the Gods. When they found out what AiLin was they did what they could to hurt him. The Emperor felt bad for AiLin and even offered to marry AiLin in order to protect him. AiLin denied him as he was promised to the Dragon Prince Li. The Emperor understood and chose to do something else. He erased all his memories of the Gods and the God world. The only thing he left was his name, what he was, and what the village did to him.

The Emperor treated this as not only a test for AiLin, but for the love that would become between AiLin and LiYun. The Emperor told all the Gods that the one who can find the fox and bring him back to the God world would be allowed to marry him. Thus, started the search and stories of the fox. All the Gods knew that this was a task for the Dragon Prince.