Trapped -7

After a very exhausting day, Sandra had to use all the strength she had left in her to crawl in bed, falling asleep the moment her head touched the pillow. Having no dreams, she slowly rejuvenated her energy as she slept in darkness.

Finally waking up at the wail of her alarm clock, she got up and got ready for the day, still groggy from all that happened the night before. She fell out of bed and splated some makeup on her face, not caring if it looked go or not. After brushing her teeth, she made some burnt toast and threw some pants on. She jumped out the front door and left to go to her bus stop, running at top speed. Would she never realize she needed to go faster in the morning? Getting there, she jumped on the bus at the last second (yet again) and sat down, panting. 

When the very bumpy bus ride was over, she went straight to her locker. Surprised, she saw Devin there waiting for her!

"Hey, Sandra!"

"Uhh. . . hi?"

"Ready to go to our first class!?" Oh yeah. . . he was probably waiting for her to show him to her first hour. He still didn't know since he came to school by third hour. 

After arriving in first hour, Sandra sat down and Devin sat right next to her. 

"What happened?" He said, surprised.

"What do you mean?"

"Your hands are all scabbed and there is a big bruise near your hairline!" Now on the verge of yelling, he takes her hands in his, examining them as if it would make it better. 

"Nothing! I . . . just tripped and hit my head!" Quickly fibbing, she ducked her head and stared at their hands.

"Sandra, there is no way that was from a trip!" He said, not falling for it. He knew her too well.

"Yes, it was! Why don't you trust me?" Ripping her hands from his palms, she mustered up the most innocent look she could and glanced up at him with big eyes.

"I trust you, so if you say that it must be true," he uttered. Then he muttered just under his breath so she couldn't hear. "Not."

After getting through the hour (but not without quick glances at Devin just to be embarrassed to find he was staring intently at her.) She rushed to her second hour Devin running with her. Getting there, she planned to go to the bathroom before the hour started.

"Miss Lee, can I go to the bathroom?"

"Sure sweety, just be back soon."

She ran to the other side of the school, for this place only had one bathroom, she shoved pass everyone in her way. Finally getting to the bathroom, she sighed in relief as she went.

Walking out of the bathroom, she stopped in her tracks. Smirking before her was Matt, a big bruise on his eye and a bump on his head. Slowly, he walked forward, a limp in his walk, smiling wider and wider. 

"So. . . you thought you could get away."

"L- leave me alone. I can scream."

"And who will come for poor wittle Sandra? We are in a deserted corridor." He teased, making hand gestures as he went.

"I-I'm loud. they'll hear."

"Suuuuuure they will."

Suddenly advancing, Sandra tried to dodge and scream at the same time, but he was to fast. Clamping her jaw shut and scooping her up as her barreled into her, he picked her up and shoved her into a closet before going in himself.

"Soo. . . what shall I do first? Twist your arm. . . Kick your leg. . .  the possibilities are endless."

"You're such a maniac! What kind of normal person thinks these things!?" She shouted in his face, backed up as far as she could against some brooms as his hands locked on her arms, iron grip confirming no way to escape.

"Even if that's so. . . it won't help you. There's no way to get away!"

Suddenly, she felt a yank as one of her arms was pulled farther and farther up behind her back. Luckily, she couldn't feel any pain. Yet.

Soon, her arm was almost all behind her, and she started to fell the shooting pain as it grew. Scared and hurt, she cried out. 

Unable to take much more of this, she screamed as Matt looked more and more like a serial killer. Finally, she heard the footsteps pounding her way. The door quickly bound open as hands plunged forward over and over. Now it was Matt's turn to scream as punches flew into him over and over as Sandra crawled into the corner and curled up. She cried with all the pain and chaos going on around her.

After a minute, the scene quieted as she heard Matt scream some cusses and amble out the closet, tearing down the hall.

"It's ok baby, come here," a voice she had ingrained in her brain said. Arms wrapped around her tenderly, but the embrace was firm.

Crying into Devins' chest as his and her arms wrapped around her, Devin whispered soothing words into her ear, his cheek pressed onto hers. If she wasn't crying right then she would've been REALLY self-conscious. After what seemed like hours to the both of them,  her sobs fell to a close as she hiccupped into him. Finally, it was only reduced into a small stutter.

"Shhhhh, baby. It's okay, I got you. You're safe." Devin told her, rubbing her back.

"T-thanks. I would've been much worse if you weren't there. I owe you so much." She said, a tear-stained cheek still pressed against him as she finally looked up.

"I just wish I got here sooner. I could've saved you from so much pain. I'm so sorry!"

"I should be the one that is sorry! I treated you poorly when the only thing you've ever done is support me. Devin, I truly am forever grateful."

"No, I am. You created me! Oh. . .  that sounded kinda wrong. Well, you know what I mean." He replied, getting a giggle out of Sandra.

"Devin?"

"What?"

"Thank you." After that final two words, they sat there, Sandra on top of Devin as they hugged. After about five minutes though, she had more to say.

"Devin? About that name, baby. . . "

"Oh yeah! I'm SO SOOR-"

"Devin! I was just going to say. . .  I think I like Hunnypie better." She declared, looking up into his eyes just to see a smile sprout on his face and grow wider and wider until they were both squeezing each other tight in the tinted light as they grinned like idiots.

HEEEEY Y'ALL!  I thought this chapter was going to be VERY short, but this is the first time I've written a chapter over 1,000 words!!! Yay!!! (1,095 to be exact when you don't include this last little blip. . .) Anyway, I REAAAAAALLY hope you liked this chapter and. . . ,   well. . .  the rest of the book! Sorry if there are any spelling mistakes, Grammarly isn't working for me since my wifi is being a lazy bum. . . Also, I might take tomorrow off, but I will be updating a lot and soon in the future! Love Y'all, keep reading! Bye!