First Date -9

It was set. Sandra was going with Devin to the movies right after school! If only she could wait that long. . . 

Sitting in class, chewing the end of a very beaten up pen, Sandra couldn't stop thinking about Devin. And it certainly didn't help her case when she noticed him staring longingly at her from across the room! In just four long hours, she would be at the movies with Devin, probably 'accidentally' touching hands in the popcorn bucket. Sure, she would have to lie to her dad again, but it didn't matter to her. She was going on a date with Devin!

"Sandra. SANDRA." Mr. Whittney looked at her expectantly, his bald patch shining like a glass ball.

"Yes?" She responded, trying to pull off the most innocent look she could muster.

"I asked you a question. Care to answer it?" He said, a stern look plastering to his face.

"Um. . . could you repeat it? I didn't hear you." 

"Oh yeah, just like you didn't hear when I called your name for the past five minutes. You're lucky you're such a good student, or you would be in the office right now." Muffled giggles floated around the room as Mr. Whitney's face became more and more stern.

"Um. . . so what was the question again?" She asked, her face starting to fade back from the vibrant red it was before.

"If y is 53, and x is 24, what is the solution to 25x - 4y?" He asked, wondering why he chose this career option in the first place.

After a very long and boring hour in Algebra 2, Sandra clasped her hand in Devins, just hoping she could get through three more hours AND lunch. This was going to be tough.

Sitting down at an empty lunch table, Sandra nearly sat on top of Devin she was so close. Blushing, she edged over the slightest bit, wanting to give him room. Devin -still irrevocably in love- just welcomed her wholeheartedly and slid an arm around her waist, causing Sandra to blush harder. Seeing them, even haters would have to admit they looked perfect together. This was the happiest Sandra had ever been in her entire life!

Eating lunch they talked and talked, forgetting manners. They sloppily ate -Sandra especially- as they talked about the dance, the movie they were going to see, food. At one point, Sandra ended up with mustard on her chin and mayo on her nose, but instead of getting disgusted, Devin just laughed and used his napkin to wipe it off. 

What did I ever do to deserve someone so loving and caring like him!? Sandra asked herself in her head, still amazed by how generous and gentlemanly he was. He truly was the blessing she needed to not only take her mind off her terrible life but to slowly change it for the better too.

After what seemed like minutes, the bell chirped to life, sending students off on their way to fourth hour. Lucky for Sandra and Devin though, they never had to peel apart their hands. They made their way down the halls, words and giggles still spilling out of their mouths.

Sandra and Devin somehow made it through this very long but lovely day, with only each other to blame. The anticipation and suspense leading up to their date made them feel as if they would explode. Finally, the bell blasted its last call of the day, making Sandra and Devin quickly throw their stuff together, gathering everything and not stopping to check if they forgot something. They walked out of the school, hand and hand, slowly trailing away as they looked at the bright blue sky, occasionally sneaking glances at one another. Their luck eventually had run out, each getting caught by each other's glances, sending them into a short fit of laughter. 

Shortly they both made it to the movie theater, drifting into line so they could get the biggest popcorn bucket there was. Then they trailed away to find the theater, stepping into the dimly lit room. They both sunk into they heavily cushioned seats as they leaned back to watch previews. 

The movie date went very well, besides moment when Sandra jumped when a man popped out behind a bush, causing her to spill much more than just half the tub of popcorn. Luckily, Devin was very goodnatured about it and just laughed. After the movie, they quickly went to go get the janitor before taking another short walk to a little fast food restaurant, this time starring up into the navy blue sky that had little white flecks covering it like freckles. 

Walking there, they swung their hand's side to side. Finally, Devin stopped her. 

"You know I love you, right?" He asked, looking into the depths of her eyes, searching for an understanding.

"Of course I do! Why wouldn't I? You've been nothing but perfect ever since I met you."

"I just wanted to make sure. I love you too much to let you be oblivious to that. I always will, even when it doesn't seem like that." He said, his voice a little hoarse, sending a shiver up her spine. Feeling that, he quickly let go of her hands, moving them up to unzip his jacket. "Here. wear this before you get cold."

Placing it around her shoulders, she could just barely smell a faint trace of cologne, mixed with an aroma of something sweet. Her heart melted as he grabbed her hand again, pulling her towards the chain restaurant just meters away. They walked in, hearing the faint ting of a bell, smelling salami and fresh bread. It was as if Sandra had just come alive and was now noticing everything because she was with him.

As if a repeat of lunch that day, they made messes of themselves as they ate and talked about anything that came to their minds. Even after they finished any trace of food, they still talked and talked for what seemed like could go on for hours. They only ceased when Sandra looked down at her watch, seeing how late it was. 

"Oh no. . . My father is going to kill me! I bet even my mom is home now!" She panicked, a feverish look on her face. 

"What do you mean it's only like six. . . " he started, pulling his arm up to look at the time. "Oh. This is not good. It's eight and we still have homework! Come on, let's get you home!"

Dropping so money onto the table, they rushed out, running to the nearest bus stop. Plopping down, they sat there waiting for a bus. Sandra was dead if she didn't get home soon. She impatiently sat there, looking to the sky, Devin, signs, anything to get her mind off the hell waiting for her at home. Unable to take much more, she settled her eyes down the road, her leg bouncing with anticipation. Finally, after ten minutes with no bus in sight, Devin couldn't stand the eariness any longer and broke the awkward space between them. 

"Sandra," He whispered, his eyes dancing in the moonlight. "Look at me."

Breaking her stare at the road, she turned her head towards Devin. He sat there, his hair tossed wildly on his head, yet so perfect. Without his jacket, she could see every muscle in his arms moving, his hands clasped together in a tight bundle on his lap. His deep eyes rippled as if holding the sea. He looked like a god as he gracefully leaned in closer and closer.

"Yes." She said, not sure if her response was a question or qualification.

Taking it as qualification, his hands inched onto her arms, pulling her up into a stand along with him. Then they drifted onto her back, pushing her to him. Now up against each other as far as they could possibly go, her hands also moved, tangling themselves into his hair, pressing tight to the fluffy jumble on his head. Both their eyes fluttered closed, and they both leaned in, their lips crushing against one another. It was as if Sandra was real and living for the first time, an electric spark coursing through her body. Wanting more, her hands pushed him in further, his hands pressing to her more. Then they stood there, their lips failing to pull apart under the glittering canvas of outer space.

WAIT. . . DID I JUST WRITE THAT!? wow! That was my first ever "romance scene" so I hope it was good! Right now I am kind of embarrassed and still wondering if I actually wrote that, but this is supposed to be a romance, so I delivered! Anyway, I hope you guys liked this chapter, and I would REALLY love your feedback on how to make this better! Love Y'all, keep reading! :) :P