CP 2 In the Den of Wolves

Oliver

I part ways with Turner at the main gate as to not attract suspicion, I ran toward the dining hall where a feast was being held, I saw my brother Tyrion talking to a northerner with curly black hair about my age, I walked past them while Tyrion gave me a knowing glare. I stepped up to the main door to the hall but before I could open it I was set upon by Cersei.

"Where were you?" she shouted in a hushed tone "we arrived an hour ago, I am sick of having to treat you like a child! and please don't tell me you were with a peasant girl"

Cersei then huffed and walked back into the main hall sitting next to King Robert.

I walked into the hall, grabbed a pitcher of mead and sat next to my brother Jaime whom was deep in conversation with a northern lord about battles of a war long past.

"you must be Oliver" said a boy about my age "we missed you when you first arrived, I was interested in meeting the Lannister my age"

"Robb is it?" I asked shaking his hand

"yes, I'm Robb" he smiled "over by my father is Arya and Bran, Sansa is talking to your niece Joffrey and Rickon is in bed by now. I also have a half brother Jon who you may have seen on your way in"

So that was the man talking to Tyrion, it makes sense Tyrion has a spot in his heart for people who have been dealt a bad hand.

Interrupting me from my thoughts another lad about my age walked over and bellowed "it seems as if Robb has forgotten about the greatest member of the family, the great Theon Greyjoy famed by the women of brothels around the country"

The three of us laughed and Robb responded "theon you haven't even seen half the country let alone its brothels"

Theon pouted "oh Robb you ruin the fun, you should have let me show the Lannister how we do things in the north!"

We spoke, laughed and drank for about an hour, I really enjoyed the company of the northerners. In the north they seemed so free away from the politics of the south and hushed whispers of its courts. Turner sent me glances while he spoke with various northern lords but then decided to join us in conversation.

"My lords" turner said joining the conversation

"My apologies, Robb, theon let me introduce you to my lifelong friend Lord Turner of the Balefort" I said

"The Balefort? is that just north of lannisport?" Robb asked

"yes, you are right, the Balefort is the seat of power in the north of the westerlands. My father spent his life consolidating his hold in the region and grew our house to be very powerful and to control much of the westerlands. My father died a year ago and now I an lord of the region, I work with tywin in many respects including the military for which I contribute a third of the men" Turner said "I am surprised you have never heard of it, in the south you would be surprised to find peasants that don't know of our house" turner continued with an edge to his voice

"I meant no offence, up here in the north we try to stay out of southern politics as much as possible, but even with that being said you would probably find that bran knows all about your house from his studies with measter luwin" Robb replied

"So how do you like the north so far lion?" theon asked

"oh, the north" I replied "its cold and virtually nobody lives up here, I could walk for hours without seeing a sign of civilization"

"True" Robb replied "you will find though in the north what we lack in people we make up for in spirit and of course in drinking, anyway who would willingly say that animal pen you call king's landing home"

"I couldn't tell you much about the landing but what I can say is I prefer the view of the sunset with the waves at Casterly Rock over a harsh winter up north here, ill tell you what Robb come to Casterly rock and lannisport and we can share a drink in the evening and ill ask if you still prefer the north" I states

"I'll take you up on that lion" Robb replied

Just as Robb was speaking Ned Stark came over to me and introduced himself and his wife lady Caitlyn Stark. We exchanged greetings and then I excused myself for some fresh air as turner talked to the starks about military strategy and other things. I walked into he courtyard and saw my brother Tyrion still talking to Jon snow.

"Brother" I nodded at him "and the Jon snow I've heard so much about"

Jon looked at me nervously but still offered his hand "Good to meet you lord Lannister"

"Oliver is fine my friend" I took his hand "don't feel nervous around me, I don't care if you are a bastard of lord stark or heir to the seven kingdoms, ill still treat you the same, something a wise man once taught me" I winked at my brother as he smiled.

I talked to Jon snow for the next few hours, about half an hour in my brother left to get more wine in the main hall. I continued to speak with Jon snow, he was humbler then the other starks I had spoken to, Jon was by far the easiest to talk with and looked happy that he actually had somebody to talk to at this feast.

"thank you for coming out to see me tonight, I feel like I'm always ignored at these events, both you and your brother made me feel very welcome" I then gave him a friendly embrace

"goodnight Jon snow, I'm sure ill see more of you" I said as I walked back into the castle with a smile. I walked past the main hall and saw Tyrion getting it on with a pleasure girl, he saw me and shut the door quickly "nothing to see brother" he laughed

I continued to walk down the halls until I heard a faint moaning that sounded awfully familiar, I walked up to the door in question that was slightly left ajar. I peeked through the door and saw what I wish I hadn't with Cersei getting it on with our brother Jaime again. I sighed "at least close and lock the door next time sister, imagine what the starks would say if they saw.... that"

"Oliver you didn't see anything, now get out!" Cersei screamed

"whatever you say sister" I replied

I continued walking down the hall into my room that Robb had told me about earlier and after I shut the door I instantly collapsed onto the bed.

A/N

End of chapter 2, Ill try to keep the chapters short but will write more of them, this chapter was mainly to introduce Oliver to the north. what does everyone think about Oliver, maybe not as bad as the other lions? but I'm warning you that Cersei is still a throne in everyone's side lol and is turner getting a bit jealous of Robb?