CP 12 Battle on the Kingsroad Part 1

Robb

We march south of the twins in preparation of the battle, down the king's road, I had heard scouts reports of the Lannister army splitting into two, one commanded by Jaime and another commanded by tywin, it seems as they are planning to flank us. And catch us in the middle I couldn't let that happen.

In the last few days I had been helping the men train and integrating the Frey men into our army, my mother warned me that I must not cross walder Frey and must stick to my deal, as much as it pained me to relinquish my freedom I knew I was doing it for the good of the north and would follow through with the arrangement I had made.

I walked into the war tent and saw all the lords of the north gathered within.

"my lords we are going to be flanked and killed if we do nothing, we must make a decision, I propose sending two thousand soldiers as a sacrifice toward Tywins army while we combat Jaime's army" I propose as I hear murmurs of the lords in skepticism

"sacrifice our men, we may aswell retreat now" Greatjon umber responds

"we cannot retreat by doing this it allows us to focus on one army instead of both and get killed. You made me you king in the north for a reason please trust my judgement" I say

One by one all the lords say, "I will follow you, king of the north" and eventually kneeling with their fist over their chests

"prepare your men my lords, we have a battle to win" I say and then leave the tent,

I give orders to send two thousand men south west to distract Tywin's army, the sacrifice rests heavily on me but must be made. I then don my armor and order the main camp to pack up and head south east to face Jaime's army, as we march the sacrifice weighs heavily on me as I think of other ways we could have saved those men, after marching for 2 hours we stand on a hill looking at Jaime's army which stands on an opposite hill with a valley separating us a valley of our deaths.

I mobilize the army on the hill and 5 Lannister knights as an envoy approach my camp "we demand an audience with Robb stark" a knight of theirs shouts

a crowd gathers in the camp as lord karstark shouts "he's a king show him some respect" with disdain.

I walk up to the envoy as Jaime Lannister takes off his helm "Robb stark, you are outnumbered and out flanked, swear loyalty to king Joffrey before blood is shed, this is your last chance"

"oh, fuck off why don't you" I shout as my army cheers, I then spit at him "there is no real king but the king in the north" the army chants "Goodbye Jaime see you in battle" I say as he rides away.

An hour later we are facing each other again on opposite hills I shout "CHARGE"

Olive

My scouts have reported that tywin Lannister has his army stationed next to the river to flank Robb stark, perfect, I sigh that is if there are ships coming, I continue to march and hidden in the trees I see that larger Lannister force is about to charge and destroy a frighteningly small stark army. I then realize their plan, smart a diversion.

10 minutes late Tywins force charged the diversion stark force "now " I shouted and my archers unloaded their first volley on the Lannister knights charging "load.....aim......loose" my captains repeated again as knight after knight fell, although more then half of the charging knights fell they still drove into the stark men causing dozens of casualties. "regroup at the river knights and archers, flanks charge" tywin shouted,

Flanks how could I so stupid "footmen charge" I shouted although it was too late, the Lannister flanks had already reached my archers and had engaged them killing hundreds in the first few minutes. Eventually the footmen reached the battle from nearby trees only after we had lost over a thousand archers, "fall back archers" I shouted as they started to fall back leaving the footmen to engage the Lannister footmen.

After 5 more minutes the remaining starks had joined the battle with the footmen but failed to change the losing tide of the battle as although we were beating the current battalion there were still many more. tywin seemed to be cautious in committing anymore troops then he already had, smart the battle continued, we seemed to be getting through this Lannister battalion quickly with the starks help but constant assault from the Lannister archers without any way to return the fire put us in a tough spot.

"charge" I heard in the distance when we only had a few stragglers from the current Lannister battalion left to fight. I looked I the west to see tywin had committed the remainder of his knights to charge and called the last of his hidden footmen from the trees "SHIELD WALL" I shouted but again it was too little to late as the Knights crashed into our force. Hundreds were killed instantly trying to be mobilized.

I walked forward as a knight dismounted from his dying horse, a knight who was unusually short, he walked towards me with a sword in his hand. I stepped up to him and with a swift boot kicked the sword out of his hand and grabbed him around the chest and slung him over my shoulder surprisingly without resistant, I observed tywin watching me in my peripheral vision. i ran towards my archers who had fallen back and commanded their captain to watch Tyrion and to make sure he wouldn't escape as I returned toward the battle.

When I had returned back to the fighting I watched on realizing that we had lost thousands of men and that the battle was not in our favor, I prayed to the seven because at this point I realized we needed a miracle to win this battle, then I saw a massive rock hit the opposing Lannister archers, a catapult !

Robb

I charged into the Lannister force while the archers I had stationed in the trees 300 meters to the right of us started raining fire down on the opposing Lannister force, under the command of lord manderly the archers had taken care of most of the mounted soldiers before I arrived at the battle. Jaime Lannister leads the Lannister charge but taking an arrow to the leg he orders "fall back to the hill"

My archers continue to harass Jaime's forces witling their numbers down as we advance up the hilltop where they have fortified their position with a shield war, "light your arrows and penetrate that shield wall for our ground forces" lord manderly shouts to our archers as they proceed to light their arrows and concentrate their fire on the shield wall.

After the arrows make a hole in the shield wall I order "charge through the breach" I continue to cut down the Lannister after Lannister, stab, swing, slice at soldiers like it is a routine. My men surround the Lannister's army from three sides and advance up the hill too Jaime

Soon the morale of many of them breaks and Jaime's force begins to flee leaving just Jaime and his few personal guards left to fight us "retreat" Jaime yells

It is too little too late for Jaime as I have him surrounded and my men advance and his guards leaving Jaime circled by hundreds of northerners while the others clean up the Lannister force. "king of the north fight me one on one like a man with honor" Jaime shouts while staring at me

"you must think I am a fool, nobody could match you with a sword why should I fight you?"

Fight me for the honor" he repeats "decide this war now and avoid pointless bloodshed"

"you think anything about you is honorable" I shout "you imprisoned my father because you made a bastard after fucking your sister, no you get no honor" I shout and nod at 2 men of mine who impale both of his legs from the back forcing him to his knees.

I then walk up to him and kick the sword out of his hand and then punch him in the face knocking him unconscious I then pick up his sword and shout "the battle is won" as all my men cheer.

A/N

the battle begins !!!!! thank you all for 500 reads !!!! please drop a vote and some comments for this longer chapter.

- GOTSHIP