CP 9 Tight Spot

Oliver

I walked into the war room on an urgent summons from a servant regarding important news, when I asked him if he new anything else he said it was about sealed letters, I burst into the war room where turner was already waiting for me. Half a minute later Lina was being held by the guards at the door to the war room "let her go" I say as they release her, and she closes the doors to the war room.

I open the letter with ned starks sigil as its seal "I lord Eddard stark have found out the truth about Joffrey Baratheon's heritage wherein in fact he is a Bastard to the crown of Jaime and Cersei Lannister. I also have learned that Jon arryn's death was caused because of his inquiry into these matters. I will be protector of the realm until lord Stannis arrives in king's landing to take his rightful throne...Lord Eddard Stark" in then close the letter and put it on the desk and sigh,

I open the next letter with the same stark sigil. "the north demand that the Lannister's release lord Eddard stark from prison immediately or we continue to march south......King of the north Robb stark"

A third and fourth letter explain how both Renly and Stannis Baratheon have called their banners to be king of the seven kingdom and a fifth letter is from the queen demanding our armies support in the upcoming battles.

"how does Renly believe he can be king; his claim is less then that of a Targaryen for the love of the seven!" Lina says

"he has an army and a small claim and believes he will be a better king then his brother, he is the least likely to become king out of everyone though, without allies Stannis outnumbers him 60,000 to 40,000 and with the tyrell martell alliance nobody supports his claim" turner responds "with the 2 brothers fighting each other south of us the crowns most immediate concern will be the north"

"at this point I believe that the north has the support of the river lands whom have around 15,000 men while Robb will have about 20,000 in his army. Without any further outside Intervention the Lannister's outnumber the starks 40,000 to 35,000" I smile as I say it

Lina's face brightens "Oliver what do you intend to do?"

I smile as I reply, "just wait my friend, turner we leave tonight towards Riverrun, time to take the war to them!" I continue "Lina you must also immediately leave, take a ship and make contact with the kingdom of the 5 sisters on my behalf"

I walk to my desk and draft a letter to the crown "I Oliver Lannister proclaim myself the warden of the west in the proven incompetence of tywin Lannister in the support of incest and a pretender to the crown, I demand the release of lord Eddard stark of the North to be allowed to return to Winterfell or I will have to enforce that with the help of my armies....Warden of the West Oliver Lannister"

Now we march!

Jaime

My sister and I had been summoned to the war room with the small council by my father. We walked in and saw the king and my brother had also been summoned

"we are in a horrible position" my father says to the group "the tyrells refuse to join the war and they have nobody eligible to marry, the north marches south to join our enemies in the Riverlands and Oliver marches east to join them" he continues "then further in the south, Renly and Stannis have called their banners and whichever of the 2 brothers win marches their horde of an army here"

"that traitorous swine I will kill him, he deserves to die for what he has done to our family arghhh" my sister screams

"I will admit it was a smart move on his part, undermine the authority of father by saying he supported incest, a very smart move as obviously he have the lord of the Balefort to support his claims" Tyrion says as my sister sends him daggers with her eyes

"I have a way to even the scales milord" lord Baelish says "lysa arryn of the vale has known me since child hood, I believe she would be more then happy to accept a marriage proposal with me and then join the war for us"

"great thinking" my father says "I will also send a raven to the iron islands to invade the coasts of the north and westerlands weakening their positions at home, and even eventually land their men and march to Winterfell" father says "how does that put us interns of numbers"

"if all goes to plan" I start "we should have 40,000 of our soldiers with 20,000 knights of the vale and 10,000 iron born, compared to 20,000 northerners, 15,000 from the riverlands and another 15,000 from the west, meaning that we would have 70,000 compared to their 50,000. As well as the largest combined navy in the seven kingdoms"

"what about this new kingdom north of the vale, I hear they have a large navy" Tyrion asks

"that they do" tywin starts "but they contribute only 5,000 soldiers to any war effort, but allying with the vale we are effectively making them an enemy making their navy effectively the north's, that makes things difficult as they are about a days sail from attacking king's landing and with a northern army on those ships it could make things very difficult for us" father pauses "Jaime you will take command of half of the Lannister army, siege and take duskendale protecting our position here, we meet at harrenhal in a week, Tyrion, make plans on how to defend kings landing from a naval attack"

"you trust the imp with our safety" Cersei shouts

"unless you have a better idea daughter" tywin says as he pauses as she doesn't respond he continues "then Tyrion will manage the defense, Baelish you travel to the eyrie to finish this alliance while I will send ravens to Pyke in the iron islands promising them land and to the eyrie about the alliance, dismissed" tywin says as we all leave the room.

My sister and I walk down to the dungeons to ned starks cell as the guard nods at me and lets me in. my sister walks up to ned stark and delivers a backhand to his face. "lord stark" she says venomously "you realize the position you have put us in" she spits on him "how did you convert him" she shakes ned violently "WHAT DID YOU DO TO MY BROTHER!" she screams as I pull her off him

"we can't kill him yet, he must go to trial sister" I say as she composes herself

"you brother has honor, he knows what is right unlike your family" he says and Cersei screams

"you will pay for what you have done to our family" Cersei says as she screams and leaves the room.

"if you admit that Joffrey is legitimate at the trial your life may just be saved, you would be sent to the wall with your son and brother, you would find much honor in protecting the realm, if you know what's good for you that is what you will do" I try reasoning with him

"my son has called his banners, hasn't he?" ned stark asks

"yes, you know he has, as has my brother, I must say if this is how you planned it you are much smarter then I give you credit for" I stand up and make my way to the door

Just before I leave the door ned says "you will find I wasn't the one who planned it

As I leave the dungeons I have more questions in my head then what I had started with.

A/N 

Things start to get interesting, cersei is crazy isn't she ! what about alliances the lannisters may have with the iron islands and the vale, it puts the north in an interesting position dosent it !
tell me what you think will happen next in the comments ?

- GOT SHIP