CP 11 Battle Looms

Robin

Over the past few weeks we had conducted multiple successful raids on villages of the north coast of the vale making the lords of the vale quite frustrated, but the fact of it is that this was is a small event compared to the great war happening due east. I had just received word that the crown had sent an envoy to the vale for an alliance and more concerningly to the iron islands, the one navy that could outmatch my own even with the ships we have gained throughout the course of the war.

It puts me in the position that I may have to parley with Robb stark and work out an arrangement, that wouldn't be to hard see our war has been very profitable for whiteharbor and the manderlys. Robb stark has made an agreement with the treacherous walder Frey, a decision I certainly wouldn't recommend. I look out my window as I hear warning bells and see a lone Lannister ship is sailing for our port, I don my armor and head out of the keep.

I walk out of the keep and down to the port with 50 of my elite guard behind me, 50 archers with flaming arrows are on top of the nearby houses ready to burn the ship should it pose a threat I wait at the end of the pier and only spot 4 soldiers in Lannister armor and a woman, whom walks towards me on the pier. She waves at me friendly "flaming archers" she says "smart, if I was a threat, I'm clearly not so let's talk"

"archers stay at the ready, men stay hear and guard the port, 5 of you escort the lady and I up to the keep" I say as I motion her forward, ten minutes later we arrive at the keep and I motion her into a meeting room. I offer her tea which she gladly drinks

"it certainly is a long trip from lannisport" she starts "you must wonder who I am then" as if sensing my confusion "I am Abelina Tanner, daughter of joe tanner, the successful and very wealthy leather merchant of the west, some even call me the heir to the trade, but that is not why ism here today" she pauses then continues "I am here on behalf of Oliver Lannister and am offering an alliance in the upcoming wars"

I raise my voice "what play is this, the Lannister's negotiate with my enemies in the vale as we speak"

"I work of Oliver Lannister, I never said anything about the crown" she then continued "he offers you the opportunity to work together against our common enemies, the Lannister's and the Vale, he will also sponsor the expansion of your navy with 100 ships of his own to add to your fleet"

I thought about it, it sounded like a great offer and 100 ships could change the war, I could conduct double the raid I currently am and even conduct raids in the south of the vale. "I accept your offer, what would I need to do?" I respond

"you would need to sail your ships due west of here, you would then need to carry them 10 miles inland until you reach greywater where I have arranged with them so you can place them in the river, then sail your ships south along the river and meet-up with Oliver's force on the kings road, you will be able to identify him as his soldiers armor has been painted black unlike the traditional Lannister red and gold. I will also need to accompany you"

"sounds like a plan I say, preparations will be made, we leave tomorrow" I say as we then continue to talk about strategy for a short while. I then go to the war room to tell the lords of the kingdom the new plans.

Jaime

I entered the war room at harrenhal and sat in a seat next to father, he looked at me and said "what's the news from duskendale"

"we captured the castle" I paused as he slowly clapped his hands and then continued "I tried to make lord moldely surrender but he refused, it would seem he mounted an effective defense because we lost 2,000 men compared to the castles 500, after we had killed all his men he still refused to surrender so I was forced to stab him" I recounted

"stubborn old fools throwing away their lives for honor" tywin said with disgust "so what is the current situation now ?" he asked

"one of my captains is now overseeing the castle with a garrison of 200 men" I said

"good" my father said "now for the most important plan, our scouts say that Robb's army has 20,000 men currently and that Oliver has half that mount and is yet to reach him, we need to strike now while we have the upper hand and take Robb out of the war, then we will only have Oliver and the riverlands remnants to deal which we can easily overcome."

"so, what exactly the plan my father?" I ask impatiently

"patience my son" he says "Robb will be taking the kings road south so you will march north in the plains near the mountains at the edge of the mountain to the east of the road while I will march along the river to the west of the kings road and we will trap him in the middle" he says

"what if his scouts discover our plans?" I ask

"then we prepare for battle, we will not field our whole forces, we will leave men in the trees nearby to attempt a flank on their main forces, I will also keep archers on the flanks to further support our forces, when we set upon them, we will have them pinned in" tywin explains

"I hope you are right father because a lot is at stake" I say and leave the room

I walk out of the room and re assemble the force into a marching formation although they didn't seem happy. To battle I marched and hopefully to victory.

A/N

the battle comes closer and closer ! i am going to split the battle into 2 chapters as the way i have written it is nearly 3,000 words that would make it completely un even to all the other chapters in my book!

whose gonna win ??? tell me in the comments

- GOT SHIP