CP7 Political Pressure

Oliver

I had arrived at Casterly rock and as soon as I got out of my carriage, I was instantly pulled into a hug by my other childhood friend Abelina turner, I nodded at the guards who were about to restrain her to not worry about it.

"Oliver, I haven't seen you forever!" she sequels excitedly. "turner! you too" as she envelops him in a hug

"Lina, its only been a month" I say using her nickname

"but it was so boring, if I wasn't forced to practice working leather, I was made to go over our finances with father" she pouted

I met Lina about 7 years ago when my father contracted her father who was an upcoming fine leather merchant based in lannisport. When she first met she was just as hyper as she is now, she squealed and said "oh my, I finally get to meet a lord" she then had fun with it and started kneeling before we both fell over laughing, she didn't really like working with leather and money and would always sneak away often with myself and turner to go and hunt. She was a great archer and even took down a mountain lion with a headshot right through its eye much to turner and my surprise. Over the years I continued to hangout with Lina and learned that she had very good ideas in politics and that she was fiercely loyal and trustworthy to me even though she enjoyed gossip.

"so, have you heard the latest gossip?" she smiled evilly as we looked at her with wide eyes "the carpenters house just got egged and when his little devil walked out he got egg aswell" she laughed

"please tell me it wasn't you" turner says as he facepalms

"well I couldn't let things get boring while you were, away could I?" she says then we all laugh.

I get to the castle and the guards stare at Lina, a commoner when but when she says "don't you have something better to do you fools" they immediately avert their gaze as she continues walking with us smiling. We arrive at the castle and I usher them into the war room.

"I have received word of some interesting developments my friends, south of here in Highgarden, the tyrells just signed an alliance with dorne." I continue "another more pressing development has occurred in the vale, the islands north of the vale have united and formed an eighth kingdom"

"what position does that put the crown in?" Lina asks

"well as it is an internal rebellion of the vale with only former lords of the vale and no obvious outside influence it means the crown will not intervene considering it an internal affair. Though if a peace was achieved then the seven kingdoms would become 8 and then the new kingdom would be legitimate and have to swear to the king" Turner responds correctly

"now this alliance with the tyrells and martells, what does that mean for us" Lina asks

"it puts the crown in quite a precarious spot, but as for us is isn't necessarily bad, by putting pressure on the crown like this alliance has done it has undermined the authority of the Landing, in turn meaning it is the best opportunity to separate Casterly rock from the crown" says turner

"I like where this is going, call the banners of your region and train your men heavily, I will do the same with my current garrison and the Lannister navy stationed here, even without any other kingdoms support the crown would still have quite a numerical advantage over a semi independent westerlands at about 15,000 to 40,000 Lannister troops under Tywins and Jaime's command but by trying to bring the westerlands under their direct control would severely weaken their hold on the crown meaning a perfect opportunity for other kingdoms to strike, Tywin would never leave himself open like that, but alas lets call the banners but wait and see if ned stark makes any changes while he is there"