CP 18 : Blood Magic

Renly

"What is the report ? how many men march for stannis ?" I ask Lord Denham or River Crossing my lead commander,

"They have 60,000 men from the standing army they had at dragonstone" he replies "that is compared to our 40,000 men we have raised throughout the storm lands, without anyone else's support we will remain outnumbered" Denham Replies

"I still cannot believe that the reach refused our alliance, we needed their 60,000 men" I sigh "tactically how is our position ?" I ask

"In the event of a siege we could hold storms end for a month at maximum, meeting him in the field at our terms may be of an advantage, if we choose the high ground we effectively can even if not better the odds of battle"

"I agree, we fight in the field, send out scouts and scout for a good area to meet him" I motion for Brienne "help you king with his armor, Denham get some rest" I reply

Brienne starts undoing my armor as Denham leaves the room. Brienne then puts my chestpiece in the Chest on the other side of the tent while I stretch tired from the day as I hear a rustle of branches surprisingly close, or at least what I thought was branches. I then turn my head to the left and see a black smoke fast approaching.

"MY KING" Brienne shouts as she runs towards me. But it is too late as a black dagger plunges into my stomach. I cough and fall to the ground and whisper "Stannis" before my eyes close. In my final moments I hear running and feel the vibrations on the floor of people entering and leaving the tent.

Two days later the army had either disbanded or joined Stannis and the war was down to 4 kings.

Oliver

I smiled at Nyrn as he rode north up the Kingsroad, his horse trotted slowly next to Arya's as he turned back and smiled at me. I heard Footsteps and looked beside me to see turner looking at me.

"Who is he ?" he asked with a curious look plastered on his face.

"A friend" I reply simply as he gives me a look but drops the issue.

"I am sorry about what you saw, what I did was wrong and shouldn't have happened, cant we just go back to how things were ?" he looks at me pleading with his eyes

I pause then speak" Turner....I just can't I'm sorry" I then start walking back to my tent feeling turners sad gaze bearing into me.

Just as I reach the tent I receive a Scroll from a teen maybe a year or two younger then me "My lord, A scroll from the Stormlands and King Robb demands your immediate attention in the war tent" He said then without a further word bows then leaves toward the other side of the camp.

I open the scroll as I walk towards the war tent it reads "King Renly Baratheon has been murdered by Stannis barratheon's blood magic. This is a crime against the realm and violates all honor and faith. Signed Brienne of Tarth"

I finish reading and enter the war tent to a fierce debate between Lord Karstark and Lord Umber.

"the north has made an oath to support stannis on the throne" lord umber states

"THE MAN MURDERED HIS BROTHER WITH BLOODMAGIC, YOU WOULD SUPPORT A MAN LIKE THAT FOR KING ?" Lord Karstark shouts

"ENOUGH" Robb shouts and bangs the table with his hand "we will remain civil and not fight like bickering children" He pauses then continues "my father died to make this man king, if he trusted him then I believe I should too"

Silence envelops the room as they all look towards their king. I speak "If I may give my perspective" I say and the attention of the room shifts to me "I understand what Eddard died for, but the fact of the matter is your father supported a man fully based on claim without knowing what he would do. He murdered his brother with blood magic for the love of the gods" I raise my hands in an exclamatory gesture to further my point "I will not support any alliance or cooperation with stannis, if I must will take my men back to casterly rock" I finish

Around the room I see some of the lords agreeing with me and others scowling as it seems this could be an issue to divide the northerners.

Robb looks me dead in the eye "you would abandon the cause over this ? That could be considered treason" Robb asks sullen

I speak again calmer "robb you don't need to do this, throughout the lands of westeros there must be somebody more capable then stannis, fuck the succession, the seven kingdoms needs a king not a tyrant whom would send his armies against the north at his whims"

Robb Concedes "at the present moment we will not help stannis, if he happens to also fight the Lannisters we will not stop him either, we will continue the march to kings landing and hope a better candidate reveals themselves otherwise we will be forced to choose a protector of the realm until somebody does." He raises his voice to give an order "my lords get your rest, we continue our journey south tomorrow" Robb replies as the lords all bow as he leaves.

I exit the tent and walk over to check on my brother Jaime as tyrion follows me, as I get to the prisoners I smell blood in the air and look towards the cell and see my cousin stranged and the gate open.

"Fuck ! Guards He's Escaped !" I shout and see stark soldiers come running.

A/N

Hey Guys sorry for the wait, now that game of thrones is over I am considering stopping writing this story, please tell me what you think, potential storylines etc.

-GOTSHIP