CP 10 Duskendale

Robb

I had just send the raven declaring myself king in the north, I was still extremely skeptical of Oliver Lannister and don't consider him as a genuine ally and hence only had the riverlands to rely on, even if Oliver remained out of the war we are severely outnumbered, would he really betray his family for his honor, I didn't think so. The vale said they wouldn't betray the crown and lysa refused to send aid to her sister, their rebel kingdom had been providing much trade to whiteharbor making its lord, manderly wish to form an alliance with them, which I had seriously been considering for their navy and 5,000 men.

We were currently just north of the twins, I am going to have to negotiate with walder Frey in order to cross the bridge and potentially his support. An hour later we had camped 10 miles north of the bridge. I was in a tent with all the lords discussing the scouting reports when my mother came into the tent.

"lady stark" the lords of the north murmured as I said, "mother what is it you need?"

"Robb, let me go to walder Frey to negotiate your passage across his bridge" Mother said

"no mother I cannot risk your safety, you are the lady of Winterfell!" I say in worry

"Robb my son, I have known walder since I was a child, he would never hurt me" she reassures me,

"fine mother, but if you are not back within the hour, I invade the castle and take the bridge"

She walks out of the room and towards the castle, I continue for the next hour discussing scouting reports with the lords gathered for the next 45 minutes before I exit the tent and stare towards the tower and see mother walking across the bridge and towards our camp. After 15 minutes she has arrived back at the camp.

"Robb, lord walder has an offer for you" she says as she hands me a scroll "King Robb stark, I understand it is your desire to cross my bridge and gain my support, I am more then happy to provide my bridge and my men but first you must agree that when the war is over to marry one of my daughter and make them your queen.....Walder Frey of the Twins" I read out aloud

"I must accept" I say "we need his men and his bridge, send a raven and tell him we accept his terms, tell him his 5,000 men will join my army tonight as we cross in the morning" I say and then leave to my tent.

In war sacrifices must be made.

Oliver

I just arrived outside Riverrun with my 15,000 men and had set up camp 10 miles west of the city. An hour after setting up I saw an envoy with the Tully sigil approaching. The knight in the center of the envoy said to me "lord paramount demure Tully of the riverlands demands your presence in the city Oliver Lannister" he said and motioned me onto a free horse. I turned to turner "if I am not back by nightfall, march back home, you become the new warden of the west" I said and then hopped onto the free horse. I then rode with the envoy towards Riverrun, after I was let in the gates gaining stares from the peasants. The envoy then took me into the keep and to a room with Edmure Tully sitting at a table.

I took a seat across from Edmure as the door to the room was closed, he motioned to a cup of tea in front of me, "it isn't poisoned" he said as I drank cautiously, I then put the cup down after taking my drink.

"you must wonder why my army rests outside your gates, but siege equipment isn't being constructed" I said

"you read my mind lord Lannister, why are you here then" I ask confused

"2 months ago on my return trip from Winterfell I wrote a letter to your brother in-law Eddard stark telling him that it was Cersei whom broke your nephew bran starks back, I also in that letter pledged for my honor to support him when war broke out over it, my sister has let the power get to her head, she has had many opportunities to live a peaceful life yet refused ach and every time, my intention is to honor the pledge I made to Eddard by supporting Robb on his noble quest to free his father and restore order to the 7 kingdoms from the bastard on the throne, I cam to Riverrun so gather me so I could march north to support Robb"

"I see" Edmure says before thinking about how to respond "how can I be assured you are telling the truth ?" he asks

"if I wanted to hurt you, I would have already sieged the city and captured you, neither of which I have done, I sent a raven to kings landing proclaiming myself warden of the west and ordering ned starks release, to them that is effectively a declaration of war"

"you are right, ill give you 5,000 of my men" Edmure says "I can't afford to give you anymore, my city of duskendale is being sieged by Jaime as we speak and tywin is at harrenhal planning more offensives I am sorry"

"don't be sorry Lord Tully, I understand your situation and am grateful" I say "I march north to Robb in the morning, thank you"

"I will have my men escort you back" lord Tully says as I walk out of the room with the same escort as before, I leave the city and return to my camp.

"how did it go?" turner asks anxiously

"great we just got 5,000 more men" I reply "we leave in the morning" I say and then I go to my chambers and into my bed.

Jaime

I approach the gates of duskendale alone and call out to the archers above the gate "I wish an audience with the lord" I shout to them. Teen minutes later the gates lower revealing Motley the lord of Duskendale.

I start "lord motley, I advise you surrender, and your life and the lives of your men will be spared, this is the final time I offer this, I would prefer to finish this peacefully"

"I must say" he says "I thought the Kingslayer would be more impressive in person, but alas all I see is a blond man with a sword.

"this is your last chance my lord, think of your men and their families, hand over the castle" I try to reason

"come and take it "he says as he spits on my boots then returns as the gates of the castle close,

I walk back to my camp, "prepare the ladders" I shout, two hours later the ladders have been prepared, I then call "charge" the men charge up the ladders, many are killed by Motley's arches while more soldiers throw rocks and burning tar at my men, eventually a few of my men make it up the ladders and a fight ensues on the walls of the castle. Eventually the archers are eventually overwhelmed and retreat from the walls to the courtyard, Lord motley tries to rally his men but my numbers prove too much until he is the last defender of the castle standing as he shouts "I may chose to die, but I will die with honor in battle" the fight continues and after he kills a few more of my soldiers I step in and impale him in the heart from behind "shame on you Lannister, you have no honor" he whispers and then dies, the castle is ours.

I then garrison the castle with 200 men and give control of it to one of my commanders as I march to harrenhal to report my success to father.

A/N 

10 chapters done !!! a longer one this one, its been a roller coaster so far ! Jaime conquered duskendale while Oliver met edmure and Robb crosses the bridge ! it seems a great battle is about to occur, who do you think will win ? leave it in the comments and please remember to vote !!!

also if the locations are getting a bit confusing do a google search "map of westeros" and then click on the quester master one ! that is the map the story is based off !

-GOT SHIP