1:9

Tanner's cut was taken off and replaced with a nice suit jacket and tie.

Her eyes were already red knowing what today consisted of.

Autumn ran a hand through the gangster's hair before placing a kiss on her lips.

"I wouldn't be here without you, thank you."

"It's what girlfriends do. I care about you too much to make you go through something hard alone."

"Could you drive?"

"I already planned to."

Tanner followed the shorter girl outside and into the truck.

They slowly made their way to the funeral home that was packed with half the town.

"In my 23 years, this beautiful woman supported me and my lifestyle. She had my back and I felt I always had hers. I always needed her more then I would every say. I should have been there more then I was."

Tears formed in Tanner's eyes and her hands began to shake.

"I fucked up Nana and I'm going to do better. I'll never let someone slip away so easily again no matter the cost. Family is important, even if they aren't blood. Losing his lady is the worst pain I have felt since my mom died and I don't believe there's any greater pain than this. Thank you all for showing today, my nana would have been so pleased."

Tanner stepped down and watched as her best friend opened the side door of the building.

The tattooed girl and her closest friends lift the black casket, carrying it to be placed into the back of the grey car.

Autumn pulled the taller girl into her chest as she watched the back door of the car close.

"I just want to go home."

"After the cemetery, baby."

"This isn't fair."

Tanner's tears were uncontrollable as they showered down her face.

Silently, the two girls followed the line of cars to the cemetery where the casket was lowered into the ground.