2:2

Autumn watched as her brother slept on the couch with his favorite bear in his hands.

"Doctors said his speech is getting a lot better then it was."

"He's smart and hard working, mom."

"I can't wait till he comes home, again"

"Does he understand?"

"I think so he gets excited when we talk about it."

Autumn's phone started to play Tanner's favorite song letting her know the girl was calling.

"It's Tanner I should take this."

The shorter girl stepped outside before answering the phone.

"Hey."

"Did you make it okay?"

"Yeah.... what's wrong?"

"I need you to stay with your parents, don't come back."

"Tanner what's going on?"

"Just trust me, please."

"Not until you tell me what the fuck is happening."

"I'm being targeted."

"W-What? I need to come back I'll be back in a couple hours."

"Autumn no, listen I slipped one of my pistols into your bag, I need you to use it if you have to, Okay?"

"Yeah I will but what about you?"

"The warehouse is on high alert. Everyone is carrying a heavier firearm and is required to wear bulletproof vests."

"Who's targeting you?"

"I um I think my dad is still alive."

"Come down here get away."

Tears started to fill the shorter girls eyes.

"Autumn I can't leave my crew."

"Please, Tanner."

"I have lost too much family already I'm not giving up on my guys."

"For once think about your safety."

"I will not allow myself to put your family in danger. I need to deal with this up here.... alone."

"Tanner, please."

"Have someone drive you halfway I'll meet you. I need you to hide some stuff just incase the house gets broken into."

"Okay I'm on my way."

Autumn's legs shake as she steps out on to the gravel slowly making her way to Tanner who no one but a pistol with her.

"I need you to bury this box somewhere you'll remember."

"Okay."

Tanner kissed the shorter girl, resting their foreheads together.

"I don't know what the outcome of this will be. If he gets me take that box to my lawyer."

"Don't say that."

Tears streamed down Autumn's face as she desperately kissed the taller girl.

"Autumn it's not safe for you to be with me."

"I don't care."

"I care about you too much for you to get caught up in this. You need someone better."

"Tanner, stop."

"We need to go."

The sound of spinning tires filled the air as a black SUV raced towards them.

Tanner shoved the shorter girl out of the way and ducked behind the car as the doors opened.

"Tanner I'm glad you decide to die in front of your bitch."

"Did you bring your pistol?"

Autumn nodded her head and pulled it out from her back just like Tanner's.

The tattooed girl removed her bullet proof vest strapping it on to Autumn.

"Trust me?"

"Yeah."

Tanner kissed the shorter girl before whispering against her lips.

"I love you."

Tanner popped up shooting off rounds like a badass from those action movies. Bullets flew back and forth until Tanner's magazine was empty.

His final bullet hit the tattooed girl in the chest. Autumn covered her mouth as Tanner stayed still on the ground as blood filtered with the dirt around her.

"If you want to say goodbye Miss Autumn nows the time."

Autumn stayed still hoping this would all go away like a bad dream.

She could hear Tanner gasping for air as she rolled herself on to her back.

The shorter girl watched Tanner struggle finally finding the courage to aim her pistol at the man.

"It's nice of you to join."

Autumn quickly glanced at Tanner who was no longer gasping for air. She needed help.

The shorter girl shot hitting the man in the stomach, not thinking twice before dropping the gun.

"Tanner, baby."

Autumn pulled her sweatshirt off pressing it against the bloody girl's chest.

"D-duck."

Tanner pulled the blue eyed girl closer before stabbing her pocket knife into the mans neck.

Autumn pulled her phone from her pocket quickly calling 911.

"My girlfriend was shot near her heart."