Chapter 9

Harry's POV

"Oh my god, Louis!?"

Louis pushed me away swiftly. His eyes narrowed at the figure behind me. "Liam? What are you doing here?" He asked, moving towards the boy. Soon they were in each other's arms. Who was this boy? The boy turned his attention to me and started walking my way.

I wasn't sure what to do, so I looked at Louis for assistance, but he smiled. This Liam guy shook my hand before introducing himself. Who shakes hands these days? "Hi, I'm Liam Payne, and that's Danielle, my girlfriend." he pointed at a girl who was now standing with Louis. "Harry" I said, tucking my hands into my pocket.

"Your boyfriend is adorable, Lou!" He said, putting an arm around Louis, who came up to us along with Danielle. "This is our first date, li" he said, shaking his head. "Louis and I grew up together. I left to live with my mother after my parents got divorced. Louis cried so much the day that I left" he said, laughing before pulling Louis in for another hug.

"Why did you come back?" Louis said beside Liam. "I'm trying to build a bond with the old man, better late than never. Besides, I missed you. It's been years" he said mostly to himself. We made conversation with each other for a while before Liam gave Louis his current phone number and left with Danielle. Apparently, they are visiting Liam's father for a while. Liam is a few years older than us, so he isn't in high school.

"He seems nice" I said to Louis as we got in the car. "He is. I was so surprised and relieved to know it was just him and not someone from our school" I didn't want to ruin the date, but we had to talk about it at one point. "Would it be so bad if someone from school knew? Look at how well Liam and Danielle handled it" I said, throwing my hands everywhere. "Liam is mature, and Danielle probably didn't even care. The people at our school care about every little thing. This could ruin us both".

"No, you're wrong, Louis, you think it could ruin you. I'm practically already invisible. You're popular, Lou, it'll be fine. Nobody would do anything to you or me" I made sure to pay attention to the road. "The only reason I'm popular is because of Zayn if Zayn ditches me. I'm done." He said, looking out the window. "Zayn won't leave you. He's your best friend" I said while turning the car into Louis's driveway. "So was emery, then she became Emma, and you know what happened to Emma" he was referring to a transgender girl who used to go to our school.

"Emma moved to Wolverhampton, right?" I asked, confused "do you know why she left? She left because she couldn't take what Zayn and the rest of the boys on the football team were saying to her. I had to say something too, and I was not too fond of it. I made sure to apologise as soon as I could" by now, his entire face was wet with tears. "I can't do this, Harry" he got out of the car and limped to the front door, but I got to him in time.

Just like on cue, it started pouring. The rain-soaked us in seconds. "Don't do this to yourself, don't do this to me" I pleaded. I could feel my curls stick to my forehead. "I'll hurt you. It will end in me having to hurt you. I don't want to do that to you" he brushed a strand of my wet hair behind my ear.

I didn't know what to do, so I kissed him. I kissed him in the rain, as cliche as that may sound. He pulled away to breathe, he began to say my name, but I clenched his wet body close to mine. "No Lou, you want to hide? Ok, we'll hide. I don't want you to give up what we might have just for others" I was still reluctant to let him go.

We remained like this for a while before he said precisely what I needed to hear and what he wanted to say.

"Okay"

A/N
I didn't want to make Zayn a bully, but it fits in the plot, so yeah. Please, comment and vote.
Love, Ari