Chapter 17

Harry's POV

It's been a while since I talked to Louis, and the day of the play had finally arrived. I managed fine without the help of Louis. Taylor and the entire drama crew helped me out.

It still didn't stop me from wanting to see Louis again, but I didn't want to see him with her. Pretending is fine, but I don't know how much longer I can do that.

"Harry, you ready? We're on in 5" Taylor said, walking up beside me. "Yeah, I am. We'll do great, don't worry" I said, noticing the worry on Taylor's face.

Taylor smiled and looked back at me. "You are one heck of an actor to manage all this in such a short time" Taylor said, patting my back. "I didn't pull it off just yet" I said in a shaky voice.

"Trust yourself, Harry. You'll do great" Taylor said before going onto the stage. It was my turn in a few minutes, and I kept telling myself it would be fine.

The majority of the play went well, and I was going to get on stage for the last scene when I heard him say my name.

"Harry, I know you don't wanna see me, but I just wanted to say you're doing a great job" Louis said, looking down at his feet. "I have the ending scene in 2 minutes. Do you have to do this now?" I asked, annoyed.

"I love you, Harry Styles, and I'm so sorry for the mess I've made, but I truly madly deeply love you and only you. I know you won't believe me, but I had to do this so you wouldn't get hurt" Louis sighed.

"You're going to have to work harder than that. Don't just tell me you love me, show me." I said before going up on stage for the last scene.

Throughout the entire scene, I felt like I was dying. I wanted to go back to Louis and fix things, but it doesn't work that easily. I didn't even fully kiss Taylor properly in the final moment, but it looked fine to the audience because all looked devastated.

It was time for the ending credits, but I didn't want to go up on stage one more time. Taylor took my hand as an assurance before we both went up.

"Can I just say something quickly?" A voice said over the mic catching the attention of everyone in the auditorium. "I'm too late to say this, and I know I can't do much about it now" Louis said, limping towards the stage.

"I couldn't stop staring at your eyes from the moment I first saw you, Harry. I was scared, oh boy was I scared. Not because you were a boy Harry, because you made me feel things I had no idea I could feel. You made me blush and smile and wanna scream my lungs out because I couldn't have you, but mainly you made me feel love. Harry, I love you so damn much that I can't do this anymore. I promise not to let anything happen to you ever and always stay by you, so please" he took a deep breath before speaking a bit quieter "please don't leave my life."

I just looked at him, not knowing tears were rolling down my face. I slowly walked down the stage to where he was standing. "I hate you so much for everything you've done, but I love you so much more" I said before pressing my lips onto his.

The entire room of people was silent for a few seconds before everyone clapped their hands, supporting us. "You hear that Lou, I told you" I said, putting my forehead on his.

"Haz, you should've told me" Eleanor said, walking up to us with Niall. "You're more important to me than any boy. Got it?" Eleanor said, pulling me in for a hug.

"I'm sorry I crushed your balls" Niall said to Louis getting a nod in response. "Don't be. I deserved it" Louis said, looking at me, and I turned to face him before kissing him again.

"I'm proud of you" I said, looking straight at him before smiling genuinely and saying the next words.

"You'll always be my Romeo."

A/N
And they lived happily ever after

Love, Ari